Gorgeous

Fiona put on a gray dress with a pattern that resembled snake scales on. She searched her apartment for dark lipstick, and put some on. She put on knee-high heels that were like boots. Matt was wearing a black suit, so her wardrobe change wouldn't affect him.
    The doorbell rang, and Fiona walked up. She didn't know how Matt would react. She had bleached white, short hair now.
    "Fiona! You look...." Matt trailed off, not sure how to describe how she looked.
    "Wow. You look beautiful tonight." He finally said. Both of their phones dinged. It was a text from Abigail.
    "All writers will be walking down a red carpet today. A few magazines are doing an article on our company, so be prepared for lots of cameras."
    "I feel like a celebrity," Fiona said. Matt nodded. She hated how awkward they were. He held out his arm, and she tucked hers through it.
    Abigail turned out to be right. It was like the paparazzi. Fiona walked with Matt like she had seen celebrities do.
    "A few magazines?" Matt whispered. She smiled and shook her head. The people with cameras were all yelling, and she was very stressed.
    "On your right!"
    "Look up!"
    "Is that your date?" Fiona and Matt were the only ones on the red carpet and saw the other writers waiting to walk down the carpet. Abigail signaled for them to go in. Fiona was relieved.
    "I'm going to get us drinks. Do you want anything?" Matt asked her. She ordered a few drinks. This night was already going downhill.
    A slow song started playing, and she felt like she was in high school again as she sat on the side. Another guy sat next to her.
    "I hate that no one is dancing." She said to him. He seemed surprised that she was talking to him.
    "If they play another slow song, and my boyfriend's not back, can we dance to it?" She asked. Another slow song started, and she didn't wait for a response. She dragged him onto the dance floor.
    "I'm Tom."
    "Fiona."
    "Are you from out of town?" He asked her.
    "Sure." The ties were black, and the lies were white. The lights in the room dimmed, and candles came out.
    Fiona saw Matt talking to another girl. She wanted to leave him. She needed a reason. She knew it from the first Old Fashioned they had together that they were cursed.
    As she danced with Tom, she felt like she was flying. She had never cheated before. Maybe it was her hair. Maybe it was that she was drunk from snagging a few drinks. Or maybe it was her decision.
    She looked back and saw that Matt was kissing the girl. She turned to Tom and began to lean into him. He pulled away and went to another room. She looked around her and saw a sad person sitting on the side.
    She sat down next to him. He looked up at her and looked scared.
    "You don't need to be scared." She said in a soft tone. Being so caring always got in Fiona's way.
    "I'm Joe." Joe had ocean blue eyes and a British accent. He also had a buzz cut.
    "I'm Joe." Fiona made fun of his accent, slurring her words together. Joe looked at his feet.
    "You should take it as a compliment that I got drunk and made fun of the way you talk," Fiona said. A look of confusion passed over Joe's face.
    "You should think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong." Joe smiled. Fiona immediately hated his smile. He was so cool.
    "Do you want a drink?" She was about to go to the bar.
    "Whiskey on ice." He replied.
    Fiona ordered his drink and waited at the bar. She became nervous as she stood there. You're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face. She thought.
    She brought him his drink and talked to a few people around her.
    "Thanks." Fiona turned red.
    "You should take it as a compliment that I'm talking to everyone here but you." Joe reached for her hand.
    "You should think about the consequence of you touching my hand in a darkened room." They went out on the dance floor.
    If you've got a girlfriend, I'm jealous of her. But if you're single, that's honestly worse. You're so gorgeous, it actually hurts.
    Joe's ocean blue eyes looked into Fiona's eyes. She wanted to sink and drown and die as she held his gaze. She was furious at him for making her feel this way. But what could she say? He was gorgeous.
    He made her happy, it turned back to sad. There was nothing she hated more than what she couldn't have. Her phone dinged in between songs. It was from Alison.
    "I went to a hotel. By the way, you have a cat now. I was a little drunk and adopted one. I'm allergic." Fiona laughed. Joe raised his eyebrows.
    "My friend adopted a cat even though she's allergic. She was a little drunk." He laughed. His laugh was better than Matt's.
    "What is she going to do with it?"
    "She said it's mine now." Fiona looked at her phone and saw another text from Alison.
    "And it's in my apartment with food and water." He chuckled.
    "Good luck with that." Fiona saw Tom coming back into the room and left Joe. She walked to him and started to dance with him again.
    She felt Joe's eyes on her. She whispered for Tom to tell her a joke. He looked confused. She laughed, trying to make Joe jealous.
    Joe left and Fiona realized it was midnight. The gala was ending. She was the one to leave Tom this time and went to submit a poem. It was then she realized Matt was her ride. Matt had left at some point.
    "Can you give me a ride?" She asked Tom casually. It was just this one time.
    "How far out of town do you live?" He asked.
    "I'll give you directions on the way." They left arm in arm. As they walked outside, they saw the people with cameras leaving. They turned around and began to take photos.
    "Why are you leaving with someone new?" A reporter asked. Tom squeezed Fiona's hand, and they walked through the storm of camera flashes together.
Climax part 1
Don't forget to vote!
Not leaving clues bc I'm mean
You'll figure it out maybe