Heartbreak

On Monday, Fiona went into work anticipating the worst. There was no way that Abigail wasn't mad at her. She made the entire company look bad.
"Fiona!" Will called to her. She kept her head down, but Will must have noticed her.
"I'm going to Abigail's office."
"Are the rumors true?" He asked her quietly.
"The rumors are terrible and cruel, but most of them are true." She left Will with his mouth hanging open. He obviously wanted to believe Fiona was innocent.
"I've been expecting you. Sit down." Abigail sat behind her desk.
"I've seen the news stories. You made our company look horrible." Fiona nodded silently.
"I should fire you. But I'm too nice." Fiona was shocked. She was fully expecting to pack up her stuff.
"Things need to change. This is going to be a lot of work, but you need to change your reputation."
"You will be treated like you are famous. We will hire security for you." Abigail pointed to the paparazzi stationed outside of Fiona's workplace.
"Don't make comments or show emotion around them. Anything can be twisted. As for Tom, you can still go out if you want to. But it has to be private." Fiona nodded.
"This is the only chance I will be giving you. That will be all." Fiona got up.
"Also, no one is allowed to go in slams except for us now. I don't want to have people writing down everything you do. I saw that you submitted a poem. It will need work if you are to read it publicly." Fiona left.
"Are you ok?" Tom asked her. They were sitting in her apartment.
"I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me." She told him. He wrote that down, and she wondered why.
"I've been working on a song for you. Can I play it?" She nodded eagerly. He never told her he could sing or play the guitar.
"We're so bored, we're all so tired of everything. We wait for trains that just aren't coming. We show off our different scarlet letters. Trust me, mine is better." As he played, a cute smile came on his face.
"We're so young, but we're on the road to ruin. We play dumb, but we know exactly what we're doing. We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom. Honey, life is just a classroom."
"Cause baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream
Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heartbreak is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free."
"We're all here, the lights and girls are blinding
We hang back, it's all in the timing
It's poker
She can't see it in my face
But I'm about to play my Ace
We need love, but all we want is danger
We team up, then switch sides like a record changer
The rumors are terrible and cruel
But honey, most of them are true." She danced to his song, wondering how he knew she had said that.
"Cause baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me." She sang along. He looked a little thrown off guard but kept going.
"And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream
Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heartbreak is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free."
"Oh-oh
So, come on, come along with me
The best people in life are free." He strummed his guitar.
"Please take my hand and
Please take me dancing, and
Please leave me stranded
It's so romantic." She got emotional at how sweet he was.
"Oh, 'cause baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle, oh-oh
But every night with us is like a dream." He smiled sheepishly.
"What do you think?" He asked her.
"It's amazing. I didn't know you could sing or play like that. I liked that you added what I told you." He smiled and hugged her.
"Hey, you can sing well too." She giggled.
"I know this is soon, but will you move in with me?" She asked him.
"Of course. It'll make hiding us easier anyways." They still had so much to figure out, but they would do it together.
This is just sweet
It's hard to be nice to characters 😂
Clues for next chapter
🎶Your eyes whispered "have we met?"🎶- Enchanted by Taylor Swift
🎶 I loved you in secret🎶- Dancing With Our Hands Tied by Taylor Swift
Please vote and comment!!!!