Chapter Eighteen

Winter 2009

            “I change my mind. I don't want to go tell my mother anymore.”

            Titan gave me his lopsided smile. "You can't change your mind, Jay, we're here already."

            "Yeah but we don't have to knock. She has no clue we're here yet. We can get in the car and pretend we never made it." I backed away from the door. "Come on we'll come back when I feel better about this."

            "And when will that be?" He asked.

            "A month, maybe a little longer… like ten years."

            He frowned. "Ten years?"

            "Yeah let’s go before someone notices us."

           He sighed. "We can't leave. You called your mom telling her you would be here. She’s waiting for you."

             "I'll call her again and tell that the flight was cancelled."

            "We're here already we might as well talk to your mother and tell her what’s going on." And before I could say anything else, he knocked on the door.

            I jumped trying to stop him, clinging to his hand. “Stop.” I hissed.

I tried to pull him towards the car we had rented but he was too strong. It was times like these that I hated having a super strong husband. I winced. What would my mother say when she found out that I was married? I wasn’t sure how she would react.

I didn't want to tell her that I was now a werewolf, who was married to vampire not only because we love each other but because our people wanted proof that we could live together in harmony and that they wanted me to get pregnant in our first year of marriage. Talk about pressure. Didn't people understand how stressful that was? It was scary. I now know how Marie Antoinette felt. I would have much rather face a guillotine then everything I’d been going through for the past couple of months. It's tough when everyone is watching every move you make. I swear I was not paranoid like Samara and Titan say I am. I was ninety-nine percent sure that someone was watching us. I've checked my Queen Chambers for cameras and listening devices.

            Just because I couldn't find any doesn't mean there aren't any. They just had hidden them very well. I'm not crazy. The freakin' Elders are crazy. They won't leave me alone. They sent me two “ladies-in-waiting”, Nia and Pia, the demon twins, to torture me to no end. They follow me around all day stuffing food down my throat. 

They have this basket full of apples, apricots, bananas, grapes, peaches, and watermelon that never seems to go down. No matter how much of it I eat. Supposedly, those fruits promote fertility. It was okay for the first couple days. I loved fresh fruits but after weeks of eating only fruits for breakfast and lunch it got very tiring.

            At least I still had dinner, where I could eat anything I wanted, but then they took that away from me, too. Now all I got for dinner was asparagus, cucumbers, olives, carrots, onions, and rice. How was someone supposed to live off of that? Especially when I hated onions and asparagus. And if I wanted dessert, I got nuts. Nuts! How is nuts dessert? Riddle me that. My diet consist of only foods that were good for fertility until I became pregnant. Titan thought it was funny until they went after him.

            He was only allowed to eat foods that would raise his lust levels. They feed him fish, crabs, sweet potatoes, carrots, and rice. It turned out that carrots and rice are both good for fertility and lust. They also made him eat noodles for longevity. His dessert was way better. He could eat anything that had vanilla. It was better than nuts. It only took him two days to start complaining and it was my turn to laugh at him. He now knew how I felt. It didn't take long for him to go into town and sneak fast food into our rooms to eat. Greased covered cheeseburgers and fries never tasted so delicious.