Chapter Seven

Speaking with Samara lifted my spirits. I felt renewed. My bitterness against Koretta and pack wasn't totally gone but I did feel better about myself. We talked for hours. I really needed it. I knew Samara would somehow make everything bearable.

While I was with Samara, I realized that there was nothing I could do to change what was going on. I had to come to terms with what I was since it was impossible to change back into a human. My problems weren't gone but now I felt that life wasn't this dark horrible place I had been making it out to be. Samara was light in my darkness. When I was with her I felt normal, almost human again. She gave me hope. I didn't want to go back and feel angry again.

I was happy to finally be able to see and talk to Samara but my favorite part of the whole night was when Titan walked me back to the river. Dawn was on its way and I knew I had to leave soon. I didn't want to leave. Leaving Samara was hard but after hugging her one more time. I made my way back to the river. It didn't take long to catch his scent. I turned and there he was. My heart rapidly started beating faster. How was it that I always forgot how beautiful he was until I saw him again? He always looked amazing. I could feel my cheeks burning. I didn't understand why this was happening to me. Not even the night air could cool the heat burning through me.

I was quite confused. My body was reacting to him. Why was I acting like a cat in heat? I mentally kicked myself when I realize what was going on. It was mating season for the Lykánthropes. No wonder I getting turned on by the mere scent of him.

I couldn't let him know what was going on. I had to act cool. I raised my eyebrows asking the silent question.

"I'm only here to make sure you make it across the river safely." He answered.

"What? Do you think I'll double back and kill everyone when you're sleeping?" I huffed.

"No. I don't believe you'll do that." He said with a guarded smile.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you believe I won't come back and kill everyone when they're sleeping?"

He stepped forward. "I just get this feeling you're not that kind of girl."

"And why do you say that?" I asked.

“I think it's your eyes. They're not mean.”

I laughed softly. "That's cute."

He grinned and my heart skipped a beat. "Hey. I was being serious."

I laughed a little louder. "Well, then, I guess that was a compliment. Thank you. "

"You are more than welcome."

I bit my lip before talking again. "So... um... I guess I'll be off then. I have to get back before everyone at the camp wakes up. It was nice talking to you again." I backed away a couple of steps before turning around.

"Wait." He called out.

I turn back around. He was digging into pocket of his jeans. "You need this." He took out a bar soap. He held it out to me.

I could feel my eyes widening. I titled my head in confusion. "Are you trying to tell me I stink?"

He chuckled. "Of course not." He laughed again. "You smell like Samara who smells like us. If you don't wash up before you get to your camp everyone will know what you were up to."

"So I have to take a bath before I get back to my camp?"

He nodded. "You're also going to have to wash your clothes."