Chapter Sixteen

Tension filled the room. I knew it was going to be like this but I didn’t expect it to be so noticeable. The tension was so thick I could have probably cut it with a knife. It was weird having Lykánthropes and Vrykolakes sitting in a room together. Both sides were giving each other the death glare. It was mostly the males of both species though.

I knew something like this would occur that which was why I had suggested that it would be best for us to take different flights over to Greece from Texas. I didn’t want to have to deal with all this tension on a plane as well. The Vrykolakes had agreed. Well, all the Vrykolakes, but Titan, had agreed it was for the best. Titan didn’t understand why I couldn’t join them and let the Males find a way to Greece on their own. When I explained to him that I didn’t want to deal with him and Elias on the same plane, he gave up reluctantly. He then said we could use their spare plane but the Males, of course, had been against riding in anything that belonged to the Vrykolakes. In the end, everything worked out but now we owned a plane. I had been shocked when I was told about this big “investment” as the Males had called it. When I asked Elias why we needed a plane, he had shrugged and said something about not being out done by leeches.

I now understand why Aliesha was all but happy to stay behind and deal with the Camp while I was away. She had said that Elias had asked her permission to do things that she was glad she wasn’t going to witness. She then mumbled something about being in love with a childish man and at that moment, I had wished I didn’t have to go either. Aliesha patted me on the back after that and wished me luck.

I thought she had been wishing me luck on getting the peace treaty that I wanted but I soon realize why she looked at me with pity in her eyes. As soon as we landed in Greece, Elias had been stuck on me like gum to the bottom of my shoes. He was acting like he did when he was courting me. I tried to shake him off but the dummy wouldn’t stop.

Titan had been at the airport as part of the welcome committee with a couple of other Vrykolakes. He looked like he wanted to murder Elias but he couldn’t with the Lykáns and the Vrykolakes both watching. We were all there for peace after all.

That would have been fine, if that had been the end of it all but no. Of course not. My life could never be that simple. We were all ushered into giant SUVs then. Our Lykán guards thought it would be wise if Elias and I got into different SUVs in case it was a trap. Blah. Blah. Blah. I thought that would have been an excellent idea. That way I could calm Titan down and explained to him that Elias had a girlfriend and didn’t have anything to worry about. But Elias being stupid Elias had to open his mouth and say that he couldn’t leave his Queen alone. Again, that would have been a normal comment if he had meant like I can’t leave the Queen of the Lykánthropes alone but no. Nope. He said it implying that I was his mate.

Titan who had been opening the door to the SUV broke the handle off but that was only after one of Vrykolakes said they had no idea that we were mated and would have staff rearrange the rooms so Elias and I could share one. I’m still surprised that Titan hadn’t snapped right then and there.

By the time we had gotten to the hotel looking mansion, I was ready to kill them both. I didn’t care that one was the love of my life and the other was one of my best friends and the King of Lykánthropes. I was going to murder them and forget about this peace treaty. If I had heard the insults, Puppy King and Leech, one more time they would have both been dead and this would have been a funeral today.

I sighed as I searched the room, looking for Titan and Elias, making sure they were setting good examples. I should have known better, of course, but somehow I was still surprised at how childish they were acting. I’d seen four year olds act more mature then the two of them.

            When I finally found were they were sitting, I caught them giving the finger to each other from across the huge room. I rolled my eyes heavenward. No wonder there was so much tension. Two of the leaders were acting like brats.