Chapter Two

The house was a lot larger than it first appeared to be. It was more like a mansion rather than a normal ranch house. It had to be at least three stories high with possibly an attic. It was also very old fashion, like something you would have seen in the 1700's. It looked to be completely made of wood. It reminded me of the boarding houses I read about in books of the old west. Five long windows extended across each floor but I think the best part about the house was the wooden porch that wrapped around it. The windows on the first floor reached from the porch to the top of the next floor, looking like little doorways. Dark thick curtains covered the inside of the windows making it hard to see inside. The door itself looked fairly new though, like it had been recently added. It too was made of a wooden material but the center was decorated with stain glass that mimicked the colors of a rainbow.

As soon as we were out of the truck large drops of rain started falling. Samara and I ran after Titan who was climbing the six steps it took to reach the porch. In the corner, I could see a swing swaying in wind that had just started to pick up even stronger than before. I could tell that Samara was still a little troubled about going into the house of a stranger. I shoved her with my shoulder and smiled, trying to tell her everything was going to be okay. She gave me a weak smile in return.

Titan ushered us into his house with a smile. Samara hesitated in the doorway. I grabbed her arm pulling her in with me. Titan closed the door, locking it but when he heard Samara gasp in horror. He quickly unlocked it. He gave her a small smile in apology. In her defense, she tried to smile back but it kind of fell apart.

"As soon as I talk to my brother. I'll give you that ride into town I promised." Titan reassured Samara.

Samara only nodded.

"Would you like to sit down while I talk to my brother?" Titan asked us.

"Sure." I said, smiling.

"This way then." He said, leading us out of the foyer into a room that had to be some kind of formal living room.

The furnishing was pretty impressive. Everything in the room was white, from the carpet to the walls to the couches. Everything single thing. It made me think of heaven. The only color in the room were the hot pink cushions on the couches. I couldn't imagine Titan, or any other guy for that matter, choosing hot pink pillows so I was pretty sure it had to have been a girl. The couches looked as if they had never been sat on before. They were too clean to be couches of a rancher. The carpet was thick, you practically sank into it as you walked across it. It had not a speck of dirt on it. I was almost too afraid to step on it. I looked behind me to make sure I hadn't been tracking in dirt with my flip-flops.

"Sit down." He said pointing to the white loveseat, sitting to the left of the white colored coffee table.

I walked over to it and sat down. I looked at Samara, who was looking at the door. She was probably calculating how long it would take her to reach the door if she had to make a run for it. When she looked at me. I made a little head motion, commanding her to sit down next to me. She made a face then dragged herself to where I was sitting. She sat down with a sigh. Titan was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'll be right back." He said, walking out of the room.

"That's rude." Samara said, looking at the doorway. "He didn't even ask us if we wanted something to drink. I'm dying of thirst."

"He's rude? You're the one who keeps looking at him as if he going to pull a knife out on us any second. And anyway if he would have asked you. You probably would have accused him of trying to drug us or something."

Samara gasped. "I didn't even think about that. Thank you for informing me."

I sighed. Sometimes I didn't understand why I was best friends with her?