A Revolution is Brewing

Author Thought:

So here are again. We are getting close to some tank combat, but need some more time to build up the characters around this story as we learn that Chi-Ha-Tan is in a bad way right now, yet Miho plans to help these girls by her own choice. Yet how will she be able to help these set in tradition tank commanders? It won't be easy for sure.

Thank you again for taking some time out of your day to give this a read, means a lot. Do please enjoy the read and I'll see you in the next Author Thought.

XxxxX

A soft melody of jazz began to play, surrounding the office with smooth relaxing music. For Koto Hidemichi, headmaster of Chi-Ha-Tan Academy it was a short wind down after a long day of work. Though he was still in his office at his school, he needed a break before continuing to hammer out finance and teacher reports. The school day had just finished, yet he had more work to do.

The day-to-day life of running an academy was time-consuming, stressful, and draining. Yet to be in charge of cultivating the young minds of these girls, so they could obtain their bright futures made the long nights worth it for Hidemichi. It had been worth it since he took the position thirty years ago.

Now he was reaching his seventieth birthday and his sons were becoming a constant thorn in his side asking him to retire. The thought of enjoying his final years sitting on a porch didn't appeal to him, especially after his wife passed away three years ago. Working as hard as he did give the old man a sense of purpose in his twilight years.

"Oh Yui," he said to himself as he looked over the picture of his late wife and him in their prime years. "These old bones of mine don't want to quit now or ever. Though our sons would say otherwise, darn them for getting your stubborn streak, yet I have to make sure these girls get the happy futures they dream for. Even if some of them were born in the dark bitter parts of our society, I hope to guide them to the light...a great man once said, it's no sin to be born in the dirt, but it's a terrible sin to want to stay there."

I've been watching that movie series too much if I am making that quote

A sudden ringing came from his cellphone, which made him drag himself from his thoughts to check who was calling him. A smile played across his face as he read the caller I.D, the one person he had been expecting to call him, yet had seemed to have put it off for as long as she could, most likely because she was too proud to call him over the subject he knew this conversation was going to be about.

That's just how she is

Pressing the receive button, he answered. "Well, you sure took your time calling me, Shiho."

"I think you can understand why that is," Shiho Nishizumi answered back, her tone saying she wasn't in a good mood at the moment.

"Mm, I could imagine why. Let's start with niceties, how are you?"

There was some silence before she answer curtly. "Fine, yourself?"

"Old, if you get my meaning," he said in a joking tone.

"I see your sense of humor hasn't improved."

A chuckle followed the retort from Shiho. "And you're as blunt as ever. I remember a tim-"

"I didn't call you to talk about the past, Mister Hidemichi," Shiho said, irritation in her voice.

She is using my last name, must be really angry then

"Nor did you call me to check up on an old friend?" The headmaster shot back.

Hidemichi had known Shiho when he was younger with a role as an instructor at Kuromorimine. Shiho was then a young prodigy who he molded into a legend. Afterward, they kept in close contact with one another, even becoming close enough that Shiho invited him to both of her daughter's births, he even held both of them. Their bond was weird, to say the least, but if she ever needed to just talk, she always came to him.