independence daze

Description: After Y/N, Benny, Ethan and Sarah boast about being able to handle things on their own, Benny's grandma teaches them a lesson.
(Y/N will be written as a female in this part)

** Trigger warnings: mentions of depression, mentions of anxiety, panic attacks, angst, etc.

Chapter XV

Seated at the kitchen table across from Sarah in the Morgan household, you watched as Ethan's mom placed a tray of chocolate chip cookies down on the table. You gave her a soft smile as you reached for one.

"Okay, here we go. Don't you think you guys are getting a little bit old for milk and cookies?" Samantha asked with a soft smile, looking between the four of you.

"Maybe," Benny stated with a grin as he reached for three cookies, stacking them atop one another, "But you're never too old for a cookie sandwich. Mmm." He bit into them, creating a muffled crunch that vibrated your eardrums. You chuckled softly and sipped your glass of water, to wash down the flavors the cookie left amongst your taste buds.

"Just when I think you've found every way there is to be disgusting, you find another one," Sarah made a disgusted face as she stared at Benny, who sat beside you at the en of the table. Ethan was next to Sarah.

"Yeah, I know, right? Grow up, Benny," Ethan scoffed, making you cock a brow in his direction.

"Hello!" Grandma Weir's voice was heard as she walked through the backdoor of the Morgan house.

"Oh hi, Evelyn. Come on in," Samantha smiled brightly. "What brings you here?"

She walked in through the kitchen and stood beside you as she was looking at Samantha with a grin. "Well, I just wanted to make sure that Benny isn't making a mess," She casually held up her palm and shot a small amount of energy at Benny's glass of milk, causing it to spill upon the ground.

"Oh! Do you have any napkins?" Grandma Weir gave an apologetic smile to Samantha.

"Stay put, no problem. I'll get some," She grinned and hurried to the kitchen, going to grab some papertowels.

"Grandma!" Benny stated with his eyes bugging out of his head. You glanced up to his grandmother and lifted your brows.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?" She leaned her palms against the edge of the table, her arm grazing over yours.

"It's an easy explanation. Sarah and Y/N didn't believe in trolls and Ethan bet me I couldn't conjure one," Benny gestured to the three of you. "What was I supposed to do?"