The Art Of Knowing

"Psst! Gumising ka dyan," bigla akong napabukas ng mata ng biglang may bumato sa akin ng papel. Shit! This would be the last na pupunta ako sa bar or club. I would be persistent to decline any offer related to it. Kahit anong inuman pa 'yan. Alam ko kunti lang ininom ko kagabi ngunit bakit nahihilo pa rin ako. Did I have a hang over?

"Puyat ka yata?" my seatment asked, Marley Zamora. She was looking at me while her head is resting on his arm chair for protecting herself from Mrs. Corazon, our major teacher, talking during her class. Mahilig kasing magpahiya ito kapag nahuli ka niyang 'di nagpaparticipate sa klase niya. She was well-know for being strict and hideous teacher in the Political Science Department. Marami na yatang napaiyak ito during recit or even kapag late ka sa subject niya. Buti na lang talaga medyo mabait siya sa akin. I'm not a teacher's pet but due to my excellency I think I got her likes.

"Nagkayayaan kagabi," wika ko at nag-unat ng katawan. Buti nasa likuran kami ngayon at busy na nagsusulat sa board si Ma'am ng topic niya.

"Iyan alak pa kasi!" wika niya at binato ko lang siya ng papel na binato niya sa akin kanina.

"It's none of your business, Marley," wika ko rito and she just make face on me. Well, she knows me well and she's the second person I know well in this school.

I met her during the school orientation dahil naliligaw pa ako sa lawak pa naman ng school na ito at hindi ko alam kung saan yung auditorium. She was my saving grace and that time she became my tour guide. We chat and then we find out that were blockmates with a same schedule. I'm also feel comfortable with her and that's the beginning of our friendship.

Siya lang din ang nakakatiis sa ugali kung parating may sama ng loob, as what she describe me. Marley was beautiful in and out and I cannot deny that. Marami na ring nanliligaw sa kanya but she always declined those love she received. Her excuses was to finish her school. Study first is her motto in life which isn't a doubt since she was always on the list of top performing students in our school. Also, she was an active editor-in-chief in our school paper and won many awards in journalism. And we also don't talk about romance or our admirers because we respect each privacy that's way we click together. Also, I see her as friend only.

"Tapos kana sa readings mo?" tanong niya at papunta na kami sa cafeteria para kumain dahil katatapos lang ng klase.

"Hindi pa but I'm half-way," I said while closing my bag and getting my wallet.

"Ako tapos kuna. Gusto mag-review tayo?" she offered but I don't want it. She always insist to be my review buddy but I always reject her offer because I can't focus if I have someone with me. They would be a distraction totally. Hindi lang ako makapag-focus kung ganon. Knowing Marley she was talkative and she asked a lot of questions.

"Nah, I preferred to be alone," I decline.

"Ikaw ah, tatanda ka talagang walang asawa," biro nito sa akin which she always does. Did she think I can't pull someone? Not to mention, I'm also attractive at what other say.

"No, Marley that won't happen," I said in my monotone voice because that really won't happen. I will commit into a relationship if I know I'm already to commit.

"Weh, we are now on our third years already ngunit hindi pa rin kita nakikitang nanligaw ng babae or else your intere..." 

"Don't go there. It's none of your business anyway," I interrupt what she was trying to say because she always said that I'm gay or I'm interested to a guy but, no, I'm not. She always assume my sexuality like she really know me from inside. I'm really attracted to women but there's no one still caught my attention. Besides, I'm not rushing to be taken. I just take my time.