Tail Fin

"Astrid!" Hiccup called out. Astrid turned to look at Hiccup flying towards her.

"Hiccup! Where's Toothless?" Astrid asked.

"The queen burned his fake tail fin so he's grounded for now. I have a plan to defeat the queen. It's important that you make sure that you get everyone away from the queen, okay?" Hiccup stated.

"But what about you?" Astris shot back.

"I'm going to see if the queen can fly. Trust me, Astrid?" Hiccup asked. Astrid sighed in worry but smiled at him.

"Always. Come on Stormfly!" Astrid exclaimed. In a matter of minutes, Astrid had gotten everyone clear of the queen leaving just Hiccup and her to dual it out.

"It's just you and me now!" Hiccup yelled, diving towards her. The queen roared and Hiccup fired a blast so big into her wing it knocked her onto her side.

"You're going to regret that, human," The queen huffed.

"Try and catch me first!" Hiccup exclaimed, flying higher into the sky. Hiccup turned slightly to see the queen hot on his heels. Hiccup flew faster into the clouds so she wouldn't be able to see him. He fired a few blasts at her.

"You can't hide for long!" The queen yelled. She then started fire breathing all around her. Hiccup skillfully dodged until a blast of flame hit his tail fin. He let out a screech of pain but luckily she didn't blow it off. It was just burned. He wouldn't be able to stay air-born for much longer though.

"Alright times up," Hiccup said, going into dive with the queen following close behind. "Just hold on for a little while longer Hiccup," Hiccup told himself. He waited. And then he heard it. The queen was preparing to burn Hiccup to kingdom come. But now was his chance.

Hiccup turned around and fired a plasma blast into her mouth. She tried to choke back the explosion but it was too late for her, she was exploding on the inside. Hiccup spread his wings and began to fly away from her.

"You little!" The queen screamed and snapped her jaws at Hiccup's tail and caught his left tail fin. Hiccup's vision went white. The pain was unbearable. Hiccup was suddenly free so he began flying upwards but something wasn't right.

The queen crashed and exploded on the ground. Hiccup couldn't fly right and he didn't know why. Despite his efforts, he found himself falling towards the ground. With the wind against his back, his tail came into view and- oh.

He was missing a tail fin.