Missing Person

Astrid walked back from the forest with a smile on her face. That smile quickly diminished when she saw Gobber and Stoick frantically looking around for something. Gobber saw Astrid and ran up to her.

"Lass! Have you seen Hiccup? Gobber asked. Stoick ran up behind Gobber.

"No, I haven't why?" Astrid asked, a bad feeling rising in her chest.

"We can't find him. He wasn't in the forge all day which is unusual for him. I thought he might be in the woods but he left his satchel and journal in the forge. He always brings them with him, Stoick and I have been searching for hours!" Gobber exclaimed.

The next day, Stoick, Gobber, and now Astrid waited with baited breaths to see if Hiccup would show up somewhere. He didn't. The same went for the next day and the day after that.

Hiccup was missing and soon the whole village wondered where he had gone, what had happened to him?

They did not know that Hiccup resided in the cove, hoping one day soon he could turn back human. Hiccup realized it wasn't wise to fly to the nest, now that he no longer possessed his human side, what if he had an even higher chance of being controlled by the queen?!

At least, he wasn't alone, Astrid would visit every day. Sometimes they would just sit in silence, other days he would answer yes and no questions. He didn't bother to tell Astrid he was Hiccup, it didn't matter. She had mentioned that Hiccup was missing but it wasn't like the whole village was wondering where he was, they didn't care enough to do that.

Astrid realized after a week of Hiccup missing that she missed him and wanted to know if he was safe and where he was. At least, she wasn't alone, she had Dragon, that's what she began calling him at least, she didn't know what Hiccup had named him and Dragon didn't seem to mind the name she chose so it just stuck.

Astrid couldn't believe that she had ever hated dragons. It was clear there was more to them. Now, she couldn't even imagine killing a dragon.

____________________________________

Astrid remembered walking home and collapsing in her bed. But that was about it. The next thing she remembered was waking up in the forest and something felt wrong. She didn't know what until she looked down at her paws- WAIT, PAWS?!