Tackle

Another week had gone by and Astrid was still none the wiser on how she was going to kill the queen.

There had been six raids and she had seen Hiccup attacking them in all of them. There was so much damage and injuries. It broke her heart. He really was a mindless beast but that wasn't his fault.

Tonight she wanted to free Hiccup. She may not be able to kill the queen but that won't stop her from trying to free her friend. She did have some sort of a half plan that she was hoping would work.

With tonight's dragon raid in full force, Astrid ran into the forest and transformed into her spirit form. A Light Fury. Maybe her plan was a bad idea but it was the only one that had the potential of working.

Flying as high as she could go into the sky, Astrid carefully scanned the sky to see if she could find Hiccup. After 10 minutes she saw a black blur diving towards one of the towers, preparing to blast it to kingdom come. Thank Thor for good eyesight or she would have never seen him.

Hiccup might be fast but under the control of the queen, he was sloppy. Astrid flew as fast as she could.

Hiccup was just about to blast another tower down at the queen's orders when something collided into his side. He screeched loudly as he and the white mass fell closer and closer to the forest. Hiccup tried desperately to fight back at whatever had collided with him with no success.
'Save me, my queen!' Hiccup called through the mental connection.

'You have been captured! A downed dragon is a dead dragon, you are useless to me,' The queen responded coldly. Feared gripped at Hiccup full force as the control of the queen broke and he felt himself falling with complete control over himself. He closed his eyes as the ground met him.

______________________________

Astrid picked herself up from the forest ground. She had actually taken down Hiccup. She looked over to him. He was a little banged up and unconscious but no worse for wear.

She transformed back into her human form and took the rope out of the bag around her shoulder.

"Sorry Hiccup but I don't know if you're still under the queen's control yet. This will only be temporary," Astrid whispered. Carefully Astrid tied the rope around his tail fins, muzzle, and one of his paws to a tree. Astrid then sat back and waited for Hiccup to wake up.