Healing

Hiccup blinked open his eyes. His head was killing him. The more conscious he became Hiccup noticed that he was tied in the rope?

"What the Thor?" Hiccup tried to speak but realized his muzzle was also tied in rope. Hiccup looked and was greeted with very familiar blue eyes and suddenly memories of the past 2 weeks came rushing back to him.

He was under the queen's control! But now he wasn't! He remembered everything. From the raids to... Toothless! Toothless was still under the control of the queen! Hiccup tried to stand up and move but fell over due to the rope tied around his leg.

"Gah! What the Thor?" Hiccup exclaimed. Hiccup looked up at Astrid. Astrid! "Astrid!" Hiccup said. Astrid's eyes which had previously held suspicion now held relief.

"Hiccup!" Astrid responded happily. She quickly walked over and began cutting the rope off him. "Sorry for tying you up. I didn't know if you were still under the queen's control or not," Astrid said. Hiccup stood up now free of the ropes.

"Nope, that's understandable," Hiccup responded. "But how did you free me?"

"I body slammed into you in my dragon form while you were trying to take down one of the towers," Astrid summarized. Hiccup blinked in surprise then his eyes lowered in guilt.

"I caused so much destruction. I hurt so many people from so many islands. I remember every scream and house that no longer stands because of me," Hiccup whispered. Astrid could feel his overwhelming pain and guilt.

"It wasn't your fault. You were being used. Please don't blame yourself," Astrid pleased. Hiccup remained silent before looking up at her.

"Thank you, Astrid," Hiccup said gratitude laced in his voice. Astrid blushed a little. "Astrid you were right. We need to kill the queen. The queen has my best friend Toothless," Hiccup said. Astrid tilted her head.

"Toothless?" She parroted.

"Yes! Before you and I became friends I was friends with another Night Fury. He taught me how to be a dragon. The queen captured him and used him to lure me to the dragon's den so then I would be her slave. He's still there! We need to get him back!" Hiccup exclaimed. Astrid processed this information before nodding.

"We'll come up with a plan and get your friend back I promise. But right now I have to head back to the village I've been missing for a while and I don't want people to come looking for me," Astrid said. Hiccup nodded. Hiccup really missed being human, he missed Gobber and his father. It then occurred to Hiccup that something felt different. He felt his magic again. A spark of hope ignited in his chest and he held on to it for dear life.

He focused on being human and suddenly. He was! He heard Astrid gasp and he opened his eyes to see his very human hands. Hiccup grinned wildly and so did Astrid. Astrid then suddenly punched him in the shoulder.

"OW! What was that for?" Hiccup exclaimed.

"That was for getting yourself controlled by the queen!" Astrid said. Before Hiccup could start arguing she pulled him into a hug. "This is for coming back."

"I wouldn't have been able to without you Astrid," Hiccup responded, hugging Astrid back. They stayed there for a moment before pulling apart and blushing.

"What are you going to say to the village. You've been missing for about a month now!" Astrid spoke. Hiccup looked troubled at that question.

"I don't know. I need a good excuse though," Hiccup said. Astrid hummed in agreement. "Let's start walking back, the sooner I can sleep in my bed the better. I'll think of something on the way there," Hiccup mumbled.

The village came into sight and Hiccup's anxiety rose. What was he going to say to his father? Or Gobber for that matter? How were they going to react? Hiccup wouldn't have to wonder for much longer.

His father had his back facing Hiccup. He was in his human form and was helping restore order to the houses that had been destroyed. That Hiccup had helped destroy. A wave of guilt crashed through Hiccup again. Astrid grabbed his hand and squeezed it. She knew what he was thinking.

Stoick turned around and his eyes widened in shock.

"H-Hiccup?" Stoick asked softly, afraid that if he spoke too loud Hiccup would disappear.

"Dad," Hiccup responded, letting go of Astrid's hand. In a matter of seconds, Hiccup was scooped up into Stoick's arms and was being hugged tightly.

"Oh, Hiccup. I thought I lost you. I'm so sorry," Stoick whispered. Hiccup hugged back as best he could be considering his father was currently squeezing him to death.

"I'm sorry for being gone so long, I didn't mean to," Hiccup mumbled into his father's shoulder.

"It just matters that you're back now," Stoick responded. Stoick then pulled away from Hiccup so they were making eye contact. "I was not a good father to you. I want to do better. Your so important to me and I can't bear to lose you again. I'm so proud of you son."

This time, it was Hiccup who hugged his father. Their relationship was still broken, but it was finally beginning to heal.