Kill The Night Fury

Astrid threw a bucket at another house that was on fire. This raid was not going in their favor. Those stupid mindless beasts. Dragons were the bane of her existence, they disgraced her family name. Her uncle who had once been known as Fearless Fin Hofferson became Frozen Finn Hofferson all because of a stupid Flightmare.

Astrid ran to the forge but unsurprisingly like most nights these days, Hiccup was nowhere to be seen. She sighed, she could really use an axe sharpening so she could fight a dragon more efficiently but Gobber was busy being Gobber by wacking dragon skulls in with his hammer.

"UGH! Hiccup Haddock where are you!" Astrid shouted, looking at the sky. A fire began blazing on some trees and Astrid's eyes widened. There was a silhouette of a dragon she didn't recognize. It looked to be a pitch-black dragon, it could easily camouflage itself in the dark sky but with the fire behind it, it stood out. Astrid's heart then dropped.

It was looking at her. While most of its features could not be made out, she could make out its forest green eyes, they pierced through her entire soul. Then it flew away.

What kind of dragon was that? Astrid thought for a moment and then came to a realization. Could it be?

A Night Fury.

She had to capture and kill it, for Berk and herself. But how? Then, an idea popped into her head and she smiled to herself.

She walked into the forge and pulled the cloth off of Hiccup's bola launcher. Specifically designed to capture dragons at far distances.

"Hiccup, you're a genius," Astrid breathed, thanking Hiccup (Wherever he was) for making it. She wheeled it out on a hill and waited.

She waited and waited.

Astrid was just about to give up because the sun was beginning to rise but then, an outline of a dragon became more and more clear as daylight shown upon it. It was the same dragon. She didn't hesitate, she aimed and pulled the trigger and the bola went flying.

The bola wrapped around its wings and it quickly began falling towards the forest. It fought tooth and nail to get out of the bola and she heard it roar as it hit the treeline. It was a delightful sound to hear.

She wasted no time running to the forest. Prepared to kill that hideous beast.