Chapter 2

"Who is my dad?" Her eyes contacted with mine as she pulled me onto her lap. Her fingers ran through my hair as her other held the photo in front of me.

"Your dad.." She began. "Your dad was something else." She laughed kissing my head.

"Where did you guys meet?" I asked.

"We met in an elevator. I was 16 when he was 18. It was just us. He gave me that cheeky smile of his and gave me his number. Told me to call him." Her finger rubbed over the picture of the curly haired man. "He was in a ban you know."

"Was it a popular band?" I asked.

"Very. All the girls wanted him," she said placing the photo down.

"But he picked you." I could feel the tears drop to the top of my head.

"His names Harry. Harry Edward Styles. He didn't want to leave. He had too." I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Do you forgive him?"

"What?" My question catching her off guard.

"Do you forgive him?" She gave me a weird look before biting her lip.

"I was never mad. I'm still not mad." Her brown eyes were filled with tears. I leaned my head against her chest as she hugged me tighter. Her fingers ran through my hair soon taking notice to my jacket. "Where did you get this?"

"Oh this guy named Louis stopped and helped me take Megan home. It was cold and I didn't have a jacket so he gave it to me," I smiled taking it off. She held it in her hand as she went over the names embroidered into the hem.

"This was your fathers," she smiled. I was now putting the pieces together in my head.

She ran her hands through my hair once more. "Want to spend the day together tomorrow? Lunch and shopping?" I nodded and took hold of the jacket. She gave it a quick look, smiling at the name. "How'd you get this?"

I hesitated before answering. "I met this guy names Louis who helped me take Megan home. It was cold so he gave it to me." Her eyes widened as she hopped to her feet. She knew exactly who I was talking about.

"Go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow," she said walking back to her room. She wasn't exactly the best when it came to surprises. She hated them. I brought a cat home once, knowing it would make her somewhat upset. Thing was, she was furious. She took the cat and threw it back outside.

I crawled in my twin bed, resting the duvet over my cold body. I didn't bother to take my shorts off nor the coat. I clung to the necklace as I listened to the beautiful music of Ed Sheeran. It was the kind of music my mom listened to when she was a teen. I don't blame her. It was breath taking.

I awoke to my cat, Jerry, purring up to my face. He usually did this when he was hungry or wanted to go outside. Never to just cuddle. I know, little pushy huh? "C'mon Jerry." I opened the back door letting him run outside.

My eyes flickered to the laptop. The screen of YouTube was up, signaling that my mom forgot to turn it off. I was about turn it off when the screen showed up with something interesting. What Makes You Beautiful was on, by One Direction. I have heard of this band. Kind of an old band. I clicked pay as it began with the familiar cow bell. Why was my mom listening to this?

I was about to click on other links to the band when my mom called my name to the back. I walked back to her room to see she was already dressed in a white puffy shirt with black skinny jeans and white converses. She looked like a teen again. "What's up mom?"

"Get dressed! We are going out for the day!" She smiled, whist curling her hair. She looked beautiful with her olive skin and long dark hair. I obviously took my dads side. Long curly hair. Green eyes. Dimples. I looked like my mom in body figure way, but I would ecspect to look more like my dad.

I walked to my room, changing into my moms red hollister shirt with some kahki shorts. Living in LA had it's perks. Shorts all year long. I put gel in my curly hair and applied a small amount of make up. I pulled on my own converses and slipped my phone into my pocket. The small airplane hung around my neck as I looked once more in the mirror, trying to imagine what my dad looked like. I couldn't do it.

"You ready babe?" My mom asked coming into my room. I smiled walking into her hug. She smiled, smelling like her Rue21 perfume. I loved that smell. "Where for breakfast?"

"Starbucks." She smiled pulling her phone out, tapping away at it. "What are you doin mum?"

"What? Oh just texting a couple friends to meet up with us." Her smile was wide as her eyes were creaping with tears. I looked over her shoulder just to see her lock her phone. I frowned in dissapointment. "Let's go." 

I smiled and took her hand as she pulled me to our car. It wasn't a crappy one. It was acutally beautiful one. I always had a thing for cars. Something my mom said I got from my father. 

I became really curious about who my mom was texting. She seemed. . . happier than usual. "Who are we meeting?"

"An old friend and his mate," she replied. Really? That's all I get? I slumped into my seat, waiting for my mom to start the car. Her face lit up at a text as she started the car. It was really weird to see her text. Moms should not text. That's all I have to say. 

***

"I want the pepermant one," I said walking away from my mom. I sat down at a table close to a window. My eyes flickered to my phone seeing a text from Megan.

From Megan
Who was that man last night? Who took me home. 

To Megan
Louis. He's my moms friend. And I have a feeling that's who we are meeting today.

From Megan
Tell me how everything goes. Missing you at school! Luv U!

I put my phone back into my pocket, waiting for my mom to come back with the drinks. It was taking longer than usual. Where did she go? Narnia?

"Darcy?" I heard someone call from the door. I looked over to see Louis and that guy who was with him who asked for my mom. "Where's Ana?"

"I think she might be in the bathroom. Just a thought though. She gets sidetracked easily," I laughed making room for Louis and his friend. Louis smiled, giving me hug. It wasn't weird. I felt oddly close to him. "And who's this?"

The curly haired man looked like he was going to break down at any minute. His green eyes filling with tears. "This is Harry." 

"Hi Harry," I said putting my hand out for him to shake it. He smiled, shaking it lightly, but soon pulled back. 

"Sorry I had to take work call," my mom said handing me my cup. I smiled as she hugged Louis and Harry. "So Darcy. I see you have met Louis and Harry."

"Yeah," I said taking another sip. "I actually met Louis before." My mom gave him a weird look, making Louis burst out laughing. He was really funny for being so... I don't know. Old. I say that 30 is pretty old. 

"So how's Eleanor and the kids?" my mom asked trying to start a conversation. 

"Will just started kindergarden. Eleanor is working for Hollister as the writer. And little Emily is on her way. Any day now," He replied. His smile was really wide when he talked about Eleanor. He must really like her. 

"What about the others?" 

"Liam and Danielle have little Ethan to take care of. Zayn and Perrie are engaged. And Niall and Dani have a baby boy coming in March," Louis replied. Who was he talking about? And why did I feel like I know them. 

"What about Harry?" I asked cutting into the conversation. They all exchanged looks before my mom took hold of my hand. Harry stood up, crouching down in front of me. He took my other hand, letting the tears fall from his eyes. 

"What's going on?" I asked getting a little nervous. I glanced down at Harry's wrist to see 'Darcy' writen on it. Under it was my birthday and what I assume the time I was born at. 

"Darcy," my mom exhaled.

"No." I said getting up. "No way."

"Please calm down Darcy." My mom was trying her best to keep me calm. 

"No." And with that I ran out of the shop.