NINETEEN

three months later

  time has flown past. lisa has been over to visit once by herself and once with cameron. she stayed for a while when she came without cameron and we've gotten really close, i even feel to say she's filling in my moms shoes slowly. i feel like i can talk to her comfortably and she's been coaching me a lot about the baby since i'm getting more and more nervous as the time nears.

  my mom called ethan a few months ago saying she wanted to come and stay. i'm not sure why she called so ahead in advance, but she's supposed to be arriving in two days.

  ethan and i have been doing really well. he's getting way more excited about the baby than i could have ever anticipated, and so are lily and dianne. the support is amazing and i can't help but feel so loved and grateful that our child will receive the same love.

  "do you wanna go out to eat?"

  ethan randomly asks, stopping me from fantasising about our lives as parents.

  "really?"

  he rubs my arms and leans over me.

  "we haven't been on a date in so long. and soon we won't be able to."

  he laughs but sounds nervous and i stare at him, starting to feel a little concerned which he realises.

  "still cant wait."

  i giggle, happy to be reassured. it's almost fall now and if we were to go out to dinner it'd be pretty cold outside meaning i'd have to wrap up, but i don't even have any maternity clothes for weather like this since i've been buying them for summer all this time.

  "ethan?"

  he had started to walk away a little but halts and turns to me.

  "can i borrow some clothes?"

  "why?"

  ethan looks amused while he laughs at my question, which i take great offence to however i cant tell if it's me or the hormones speaking.

  "your bump isn't that big yet."

  "i know but my all my pants fit too tight."

  he shrugs.

  "you know where to find them. be ready in an hour."

  i grin and go upstairs as fast as i can, which is becoming an increasingly difficult task with each day that passes. it's also getting harder to shower, but luckily i manage to do that with success without taking too long so i have enough time to get ready.

  after slipping on a pair of ethan's khaki cargos which luckily fit pretty loose around my waist i attempt to squeeze into a lacey grey tank top that used to not fit me but now is a little too tight on me. i manage to find a cardigan that i can wear to keep me warm and the last thing i need to do is my hair which also doesn't take me too long.

ethan comes in unexpectedly when i'm focused on getting my eyeliner right.

"you almost done princess?"

he drapes his arms over me and leans his head on my shoulder, making me squirm around until he moves.

"ethan i'm trying to get ready."

he laughs at my seriousness and walks out.

after a while longer my hair is tangle free and in two pigtails, with a headband on as well to hide how messy it as at the front. my makeup is done and so i throw some things into my purse before hauling myself up.