THIRTEEN

warning: sexual content

  after three long days, lily and dianne are being waved off. they ended up staying for more time than we expected them to but it was worth it, i haven't seen them in ages and with uni coming up for them i want to maximise the time i can spend with them before everything changes.

ethan shuts the door and turns around to me once they're out of sight.

"can i ask you question?"

he nods and starts to walk to the kitchen, picking up some bowls that are on the counter and starting to wash them.

"what am i going to do if i don't go to university?"

"you can stay here. with me."

i can't hold back the frown that spreads across my face.

"ethan..."

"what do you want to do, rose?"

i blush, feeling stupid now because quite frankly; i don't have an answer for him.

"i know i don't want to sit at home all day."

"you could work for me."

"no. you already possess enough control over me."

"never enough."

he winks and i laugh, sitting on the counter next to the sink now.

"if you don't want to work for me but you want to do something i can pull some strings. you just have to know what it is you want."

i nod slowly and remember he's not looking at me.

"thank you."

"no problem sweetheart."

i help him clean up the kitchen and the living room and we also clean up my bedroom. it feels like forever until we can sit down together.

"what do you wanna watch?"

ethan asks, leaning forward and picking up the tv remote.

"spongebob. please."

ethan throws me a quick glance and a small sigh leaves his lips. he opens netflix and i grin when i see he clicks on spongebob since i didn't think he would. ethan wraps a blanket around me and i cuddle into him. we watch about three or four episodes before he tells me he needs to get up.

"no!"

"no?"

"please don't go."

i clutch onto his shirt and look up at him with my best puppy eyes.

"uhhhh..do you want a snack?"

i quickly nod.

"what do you want?"

i let go of his shirt and sit back, tapping my cheek with my finger.

"i want a cupcake."

"and..."

"and some strawberries."

"what do you say?"

"please daddy."

he smiles and picks me up like i'm weightless, placing me on the counter. i'm told to cover my eyes when he goes to get the cupcakes since i'm not supposed to know where they are. my stomach knots up because i realise he's going to realise now that i've been sneaking in and taking them whenever i feel like it.