SIX

the next day

"so. it's been about a day and a half with you guys. safe to say i'm more than ready to go home."

my eyes widen at what grayson says but when ethan laughs i know its just a joke, so i join in with the laughter even though i'm slightly late.

"we're more than ready to have you leave."

ethan sassily jokes back. i roll my eyes.

"on a more serious note. the two of you are okay. it's normal for couples to have relationship problems, i guess. it doesn't mean you need to break up or that you're toxic. i think you just need to communicate better."

i nod, stretching forward a little. i didn't realise how good grayson was with people until now.

"thank you gray. you've been really helpful, honestly."

"it's no problem rose."

ethan stands up and grayson follows. the two of them do their weird bro hand shake thing before grayson gets up and goes to the front door letting us know that he's ready to go home.

"later gray. text me when you're back."

"sure e. bye rose."

"bye grayson."

i wave him away and once he's in his car ethan closes the door.

"so. rose."

he says with a smirk plastered on his face.

"ethan."

"i think it's time we...change some things."

"change what?"

he slightly tilts his head, indicating that he wants me to follow him and then starts to walk upstairs. he stops in my room and closes the door when i'm in.

"get the sheet."

"what sheet?"

"the one with the rules on it ."

my stomach drops and i feel my breathing rate pick up. i make my way over to my closet and then dig around in there for a while until i finally find the crumpled up piece of paper with all of my rules on it.

"to be honest it loos like it needs re writing anyway."

ethan laughs and i anxiously join in.

"so...give me it."

i hand it over without hesitation and watch curiously as ethan scans over the piece of paper and he then pulls his phone out of his pocket, snapping a quick picture of it and giving it back to me.

"we're gonna go over this and make some changes; together. get a notebook and a pen so you can write them out again."

minutes later i'm sat on my bed, cross legged with a notebook on my lap and a pen in my hand.

"how do you feel about number 1?"

he asks, staring at his phone screen.

"i'm fine with it."

"great. it can stay then. re write it for me."

my hands grow tired quickly as i've barely done any work since school finished and haven't had any reason to write on a piece of paper and the feeling of it seems foreign to me now.

"done!"

i announce proudly, showing off the paper to him. he grins.

"good girl. number two?"