•C h a p t e r T w e n t y•

"Why didn't you lock the door like a normal person?" I shrieked. After a second, I finally gathered the courage to open my eyes, only to see Liam watching me with an amused expression.

"There's a lock?" Liam asked, eyebrows knitting together. It seemed as if I was intruding, and I wanted to shut my eyes again.

"Yes there's a lock, like any bathroom," I snapped, irritated. "Gosh, I'm gonna be blind."

"Hey, I'm not that bad," Liam shot back as he spread arms out, showcasing his body.

Unintentionally, my eyes trailed down to his chest, then to his abdomen and I swallowed hard. It was toned and well-built as if he went to the gym frequently.

My cheeks began to heat up to the temperature of the sun and I took a deep breath in a pathetic attempt to cool them down. The fact that my stomach was performing gymnastics was not helping my case.

"My eyes are up here, Ophelia," Liam's voice brought me back to reality.

I blinked, clearing my throat as I tore my eyes away from his body, "Why is your shirt off?"

"Sam spilled his champagne on me," Liam answered, sighing. "It's gotten all over my shirt and some on my pants."

"Well... that's a shame," I chortled. "Have fun with that, I'll find a different bathroom."

I turned to leave when Liam called after me.

"Wait, I can't go out like this," Liam's voice had more than a hint of desperation in it, and with a sigh, I turned back around. "Look at this."

He pointed to his pants and it took a lot out of me to ignore his grey boxers that peeped out from underneath. A large wet splotch had stained where his crotch would be once he zipped them up.

The attempts to resist my laughter was futile as I bursted out into guffaws, "Wow, Sam's got good aim."

Liam's lips were pressed into a thin line as he watched me gather myself again. I muffled my laugh and replaced my smile with a straight face.

"You done?" Liam deadpanned.

"Hey, it must be Karma or something of the sort at work," I smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Remember when you spilled alcohol on me?"

Liam rolled his eyes, "Yes, and I wholeheartedly apologize for that. Can you help me? My parents will be looking for me soon if I'm not back."

I pondered for a moment. Liam helped me when I spilled juice on my dress back at the dinner our families shared. I guess I owed him one.

"My dad's clothes will be too big, and Jackson's will be too small," I pursed my lips as I scanned Liam's body for the right size of clothes. My dad had started to get a little round in the stomach, and Jackson was a good few inches shorter than Liam.

I met his eyes when a light bulb lit up in my brain.

"Come, I have an idea," I said to Liam as I turned to leave the bathroom. He was hot on my trail as I led him up the stairs. Liam glanced around cautiously as we sprinted up the staircase, afraid that we'd run into another person.

It would be entertaining if we did — for me anyway.

So much for avoiding him tonight. Now, it seemed like I'd be spending most of the night with Liam. My brain was completely against it, my heart didn't mind one bit.