3rd Years

Time Skip! Our favorite Class 1-A weirdos are third years now! 

Izuku's POV

The entirety of U.A. it seemed was gathered to look at the large digital overhead above us. It was to hold the official hero rankings of the school. These were extremely important as the Big Three would be looked at as the shining representations of U.A. I had never felt so anxious. I looked over to Kacchan who was struggling to mask his anxiety with his arrogance.

"What are you staring at, nerd?" He said to me, casting a teasing glance at me.

"Well I think you're nervous."

"NERVOUS?! ME?! BUT I'M THE BEST. DON'T YOU FORGET THAT. I HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" I laughed and rolled my eyes at him. I felt someone fixing my collar from behind. I jumped and turned around to find Todoroki looking down at me with a subtle, fond smile.

"Midoriya."

"Hi Todo!" Although I hadn't grown at all since we first got to U.A. (I'm sure I'll grow more eventually!!!), Todoroki and Kacchan had gained a few inches of height. Kacchan was now 6'2 (189cm) and Todoroki 6'4 (195cm). Both of them were really tall especially compared to me.

"Are you excited?!" He nodded at me with a smile. I caught him shoot Kacchan a glance of distaste before he brought his attention back to me. I wondered if they would ever like each other...

"Hey look on the screen!" Someone said in the buzzing crowd that the three of us were in the middle of. We all turned our attention up to where the screen was lighting up. Suddenly an array of rankings rolled out on the screen. A single beat passed where everyone held their breaths. And then...an eruption of celebrations, yelling, congratulations occurred. At the very top I saw... my name! I was ranked number 1! I honestly couldn't believe it. I mean I knew I had been working hard but...this was insane. To beat Kacchan, Todoroki and the rest of my class...it felt surreal seeing as they were all amazing.

"YOU DAMN NERD!" I was suddenly lifted off of the ground and hugged roughly. It was brief though and he set me back down.

"K-kacchan..." I said embarrassed as I felt that everyone's eyes were on me seeing as I was number 1. I heard shouts of congratulations from my classmates and students from class 3-B and received some glances of jealousy or judgement from select people. "And Kacchan! You got ranked second congratulations!" I smiled at him brightly.

"Yeah whatever. They couldn't even give the decency of that spot alone instead...I'm sharing it with that Icy Hot bastard." He said annoyed. "I will beat you though, watch your back nerd." he said ruffling my hair fondly. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down so that I could whisper in his ear.

"Do you maybe want to hang out today?" He drew away from me slightly so he could look at me as I still held tightly onto his collar. I grinned at him mischievously. He rolled his eyes and flicked my forehead.

"Sure nerd. Go wait for me at my room then and I'll meet you there. I just need to talk to shitty hair." I nodded and couldn't help but skip off, saying my thanks graciously as I received them from friends and fellow students. Todoroki pulled me in gently for a hug and gave me a proud smile.

"You earned that spot." I blushed at his simple but meaningful words. He then leaned in and kissed my forehead softly. I stared wide-eyed at him but before I could function properly again, he slipped out of the crowd.