Reconciliation

Hi guys! I changed Katsuki's backstory a bit because I think we can all agree it's a weak excuse for his behavior. I think this one makes his relationship with Deku slightly more understandable without necessarily making him the victim. 

Katsuki's POV

I woke up and stared at my ceiling for a while. As much as I would have liked to, I couldn't shake the memory of Deku's angry eyes glaring at me as he, quite frankly, told me a truth about myself that I had chosen to ignore for so long. The entire interaction left me with an even greater guilt than I had been carrying before. In that moment I was ashamed, vulnerable, but also...unbelievably attracted to him. He had never looked so hot. I felt my face get hot imagining his bare chest and towel wrapped around himself. The way he stepped up to me, quite a bit shorter at 5'4 (165cm) to my 6'0 (183cm), but looked up at me confidently. He had always been really pretty, it was the reason I had been drawn to him as a kid to the first place...

We met in pre-school. He way terribly shy and even more emotional than he was now. The first day, he was sobbing hysterically at having to leave his mom. When I saw those big, round green eyes filled with tears it honestly shocked me how much I instantly cared about him. I introduced myself confidently and we became friends almost immediately. For years, we were best friends. When he didn't get his quirk I felt so bad for him. I did everything I could from following internet tutorials on how to trigger quirks to training with him after school so that he could at least be strong. One day, when we were ten, my dad ended up driving us to an All Might convention. The three of us were loudly laughing and singing along to the radio until suddenly a large 18-wheeler came out of nowhere. The driver, who was later found out to be drunk, had lost control and ended up hitting our car. We were sent rolling down a nearby hill into a lake. I was thrown out of the car and before it hit the water which ended up severely injuring my limbs so that I couldn't move. Deku was also thrown out, but managed to only hit his head. My dad, however, was left in the lake struggling to stay afloat as both of his legs were unusable. I screamed for him, trying to move but I couldn't. Deku just stared at him in absolute shock as he flailed in the water. I frantically screamed at Deku to do something, anything. But he didn't, more importantly, he couldn't. In my mind it was because he was weak. Quirkless. Useless. If he was stronger, he could have reached out and saved him. He might have lived...

I sighed and sat up. I knew now; however, that I was wrong. We were both children. He wasn't the reason that my dad died. He wasn't the reason that that driver was drunk. But at the time, blaming him was so easy. I had actually realized I was wrong about everything when we were fourteen but my pride would never have allowed me to apologize for everything I had done. It would have never allowed me to admit that I blamed Deku because I was a coward who couldn't face the fact that I really blamed myself for not being able to do anything. 

Izuku's POV

I went through the rest of the day somewhat half out of it. Kacchan wasn't there and missing class was something he never did. I briefly considered whether I was too harsh but ultimately...I had just been being honest with him. I glanced at his empty desk from time to time, not paying attention to Mr. Aizawa or my friends when they talked at lunch. As soon as school ended I gave an excuse and ran to the dorms. Somehow my feet had taken me to his door and not mine. I raised my fist to knock but lowered it shyly. I sighed and turned around only to find a surprised Kacchan staring down at me. He held a soda in his hand and was wearing a pair of baggy sweatpants and a loose skull tank top that showed off his muscular build well. I stuttered stupidly, eventually looking down at my feet.