Part 26: I can't relax

Silas eventually comes downstairs, looking kind of uncomfortable when  he sees us "Ah, i'm sorry... I got worried...." he akwardly scratches the back of his head, looking very uncomfortable. Mom shakes her head "It's fine... Just- Come over here!" and there she's crying again, Silas seems taken aback, looking over at me in worry. I nod, gesturing for him to join us. He does, and sits down on the other side of mom, who immediately pulls him into our hug "Thank you... For protecting Kendal..." she sniffles into his shoulder, tightening her grip on me. Silas smiles nervously "I- i try... Though i could have done better..." he sighs, sliding his arms around her in a comforting hug. Mom shakes her head "You did good..." she finishes, momentarily letting go of me to wipe at her eyes. I wipe at me own, nodding in agreement to what she's saying, and Silas seems to visibly relax.

After mom cried herself out, she squeezes me one final time before standing up "I-im sorry, i just need some time to think... You boys just... Stay inside..." she turned to move away, paused and then finally dragged her feet towards her room, the worry settles in my stomach. She hasn't been like this since dad... I shudder at the thought- i really don't want to see her like that again, she deserves to be happy... Silas places a reassuring hand on my shoulder, and i offer him the smallest of smiles before i head back towards my room. The moment the door closes behind me, Silas slides his arms around my neck from behind, pulling me towards him gently before sliding down along the door and to the floor- with me still in his arms. I lean into the hug, but i still feel like shit... If only there was something more i could do to protect mom... "You did good... I'm sure it will be allright... Just- just giver her time..." Silas nuzzles my neck, and i close my eyes with a "m-hmm"

"It will be allright..." Silas repeats, but i can hear a slight waver in his voice, like he's scared or uncertain. I frown "You don't have to force yourself..." i mumble, turning to face him "We're going home tomorrow, but if you want- i'm sure you could leave tonight..." i shrug, but Silas shakes his head, staring hard at me "No, i'll stay... I can never be sure of what you're planning, you'd just get yourself into trouble..." he chuckles into my neck, i roll my eyes at him "Haha, funny... You know me so well..." i huff.

Silas chuckles again, tightening his grip on me "You know i do..." he sighed as his laughter died down. "Why are you hugging me anyway?" i ask, kind of out of nowhere. Silas shrugs "For comfort i guess? I don't know... Felt like it" he shrugs again, which feels weird against my back. "Right..." i roll my eyes again, perhaps my eyes will pop out soon... But then i sigh "I wish i could make mom happy... But as it is right now i'm not sure that will happen..." i sigh, Silas shakes his head "Of course it will... Of course she'll be sad, you're her son after all... But i'm sure she'll at least try, for your sake..." he drags his fingers through my hair, and i unconciously lean into his touch. He momentarily freezes at this, but one complaint in the form of a whine later- and his hands was once again exploring my hair. "Damn... Your hair is really silky..." he mumbled, and i was probably not supposed to hear "Really? Thank you i guess..." i hum, too busy enjoying the attention. Silas chuckles nervously "Yeah... No problem..." he seems uncertain, but that's usual i guess...

We sit there in silence for a while, Silas playing with my hair and me just enjoying it. That i suntil i realized that Silas was actually making small braids in my hair "What the heck?" i blink, touching the small braids. I glare, and Silas smiles apologetically. I roll my eyes, and sit right back as he untangles them again "There, no more braids, happy?" he chuckles, and i nod. "Yeah... Thanks...." i yawn, i lay back down, leaning heavily on Silas, who also leaned against the door. "Wow..." Silas suddenly breathed, closing his eyes to relax. "Hm?" i question, looking up. Silas shakes his head, eyes still closed "No, just a few months ago- even a few weeks ago you would have killed me for even thinking about getting near you, and now you're using me as a pillow..." he chuckles, and i nod "That is true... And you said you would make me into your bitch... Hahah, seems like our roles are reversed..." i tease, poking his chest over my shoulder.

Silas fakes a laugh "Very funny Kendal, extremely so... But you do realize that i can immediately turn that around?" he teases back, opening his eyes to stare intensly at me. I nod "Yeah, i know... You don't have to remind me, but you do realize that i basically have this unspoken power over you... You're more like a puppy-dog than a vampire..." i shrug, and so does Silas "I guess that is true... More like a cat though... Being puppies are werewolves' job..." he deadpans, and i can't help but nod in agreement... "I guess so..."

Soon we move over to my bed after brushing our teeth. But i can't find my will to sleep, not when thinking about mom and how she must be feeling, suffering even... But Silas somehow manages to read my mind or something because he starts rubbing comforting circles on the small of my back, mumbling a "It's okay... She- You'll be fine..." he mumbled tiredly. And i nod, even though i don't feel any better about it... But after about an hour or two with no signs of mom, and me just lying around, i finally fell asleep, an uneasy sleep...

But i did find at least some comfort in Silas' soft snoring.

A/N: WOOOOOOO Been kind of long since last huh? This chapter is not edited just so you know... Poor, poor Kendal, can never catch a break *sigh* wonder when Kendal will actually end up in a relationship with Silas... How many chapters will this story be? I have no idea hahah XP Anyway, hope you enjoyed ;)

Stay classy guys!