Part 23: Now you've done it...

When i wake up, i'm alone, did i dream that Silas was here? Or have i finally gone crazy? I rub at my eyes, and look over the edge of my bed, no... Not a dream, his jacket is still there... Somehow a small smile finds it's way to my lips. I'm way too happy about this...  I need to get my shit together or he'll get obnoxious... I open my bedroom door, and what meets me from downstairs is laughter. More spesifically, mom and Silas' laughter. I smile, so he can make mom laugh only a day after they met? Dude got skills... I head downstairs, and mom immediately looks my way, she smiles at me "Hello sweetheart! How did it go last night? Did you have fun?" oh, i take it that Silas didn't tell her...

I fake a smile "Yeah, it was really fun! I kind of forgot about time!" i chuckle, i can see Silas frowning at me from the other side of the kitchen, but i smile reassuringly at him. Mom nods "Great! You feel like eating? You didn't get to eat anything yesterday... Me and Silas here was about to make pancakes..." she hums, pulling a bowl out of the cupboard. Silas grins "I'll get the flour...", i stare wide-eyed at him, he knows where it is? Wow...

Mom turns towards me the moment Silas leaves the area "That's the guy you told me about right?" her eyes sparkle with excitement. I roll my eyes, typical... "Yes... It is..." i shake my head, taking some plates and three cups out of the cupboard, i place them on our kitchen table. "And you said he was mad at you... When i met him yesterday, he seemed worried..." she sighs, giving me "the look"...

I shrug "I didn't lie, when he met me he was mad... Furious actually..." i cross my arms over my chest, leaning against the table. "Oh so you made up?" her eyes gleam, and i roll my eyes at her, i know what she's thinking "Yes, we did, but nobody kissed anybody..." i need to make this one thing clear or she'll never leave me alone... Mom pouts, looking really disappointed "Such a shame, you would have made a cute couple..." she sighs, turning towards the fridge to dig out the butter, some milk and other ingredients. "You're not the only one that thinks that... You should meet my friend Leo... Start a fanclub or something..." i stretch, wiping some sleep out of my eyes.

Mom smiles "Sure! Anytime baby!" she sings, fluttering around the kitchen like some butterfly... A chubby butterfly... I shake my head, sometimes having a mother that supports you for being gay can be tiresome too... "So, how do you feel about him... Silas i mean..." i cock my head to the side, mom's smile widens "Well, i was surprised when he barged in yesterday, demanding to know where you were... But when i told him you were out, and he had calmed down, we got to talk and i've got to say, he's quite the charming boy..." she giggles, but the next thing that slips out of her mouth catches me by surprise "Wouldn't mind having him as my son in law if you catch my drift..." she smirks knowingly at me. I stutter, before managing to croak out a pathetic "Mom! What the hell!"

And that's the exact moment Silas decides to come back with the flour. He stares at my flushed face with confusion, shaking his head at me. I'm grateful that he decided not to ask about it. "So, can vampires eat human food or do i put back your plate and offer you my idiot kid instead?" Mom teases, winking at the poor guy... Silas flushes, clearing his throat "Uhh... Sure, i can eat human food..." he looks away, taking a deep breath, and when he turns back, the usual cocky grin is in place, his amber eyes land on me "But, i wouldn't mind having your 'idiot kid' as well..." he wiggles his brows at me and mom laughs. My face has probably changed shade ten times by now. "Not funny..." i growl as i push past them both to get to the coffee.

"Awwwh, Baby i didn't mean it like that!" mom cooes, hugging me from behind. Silas chuckles "I did..." he winks, and mom chuckles back at him... Oh my god i swear to god mom has already adopted him... And if i know her the way i know i do, she's already planning the wedding... Suddenly i feel a pang of sadness... A wedding i will never be a part of... I'll be dead before i'll ever get the chance to get married... I shake the thought away, why would i want to get married anyway? Just empty promises... "Through thick and thin" huh? Then why can a marriage end in divorce so quickly? I scoff, pouring some water into each of our cups before i take a couple of spoonfulls of coffe powder.