Part 18: Tired of my bullshit

It's hard to ignore Tessa's worried knocks and desperate calls when it comes everyday for a fucking week. Like right now, she's desperately trying to get my attention by knocking furiosly. But i can't be bothered to move from under my warm comforter, let alone answer her. I just have way too much to think about... My chest has been hurting real bad this entire time... I don't think it's gonna get better... I don't know how big the black dot on my chest has become. I just don't feel like checking...

My stomach too- is rumbling uncomfortably... That's to be expected, i haven't eaten for nearly a week... My mouth feels dry and my tongue is swollen. I breath in deeply, letting it out as a shaky sigh. I just don't feel like doing anything, even breathing and blinking has become a drag. "Kendal! Answer me please! Kendal!" Tessa cries depserately, i turn my head further into my pillow. I don't want to hear it... I can't hear it... I can't bear it...

Tessa tries again "Kendal, please! Just give me a sign that you're still alive in there!" She's sobbing now... And my chest tightens, it's getting difficult to breathe. Can't she just leave me be? If she forgets about me, she won't have to be hurting... Can't she just realize that!? Finally, i hear a sniffle and her leaving... I sigh in relief, maybe she'll finally understand that this is for the best?

But i'm not that lucky, i never am... I get about three hours of peace and self loathing before something slams into my door. Once, twice, and three times. I can hear the wood of my door creak, and after a fourth bang the door flies off it's hinges. A man i haven't seen before brushes off his suit like he didn't just knock my fucking door down. The guy looks furious, or at least he does from my angle, but i can barely lift my head, so i may be mistaken. The guy strides over to my bed lightning fast, i blink up at him, not feeling strong enough to even greet the guy. He seems surprised that i'm alive, but then his expression glides over to relief and finally burning rage "Kendal Rivers... What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he hisses, pulling me up towards himself by my collar. I blink slowly,  been a while since i last heard somebody talk to me... His voice sound loud and muffled in my ears, but that's probably my own fault. The guy glares harder "Can you even hear me?" he raises a brow.

"Yes..." as soon as the word passes through my lips i jump in surprise. My voice is so weak and pathetic even i can't understand what i'm saying. Whatever, too tired to be bothered by this. The man in the suit nods "Good... Now answer me... What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he pulls me even closer, the man is quite handsome... Too bad i'm not into older men... Blond messy hair with a few streaks of gray in them, this guy can't be more than fourty... I can already see thin wrinkles on his face, so it seems like he's frowning constantly.

I shrug, feeling my body go limp. The only thing i can feel is the constant ache, it fills me like water, and it seems like i can only consentrate on that... "What makes you think you can laze around all day in here, skipping class-"

"He's sick..." a voice interrupts, and i force my head to lean sideways so i can see the person, i swallow. "T-Tessa..." i mumble weakly, feeling like crawling into a hole to hide. Under the bed would probably do the trick... "Sick?" the man questions, questioning Tessa with his eyes. Tessa nods "Not many people know about it... But a succubus... Poisoned him..." she sniffles, her eyes never leaving me. The man arches a brow "Succubus? Here? That's not possible..." he lets go of me to cross his arms. I immediately take the chance to hide underneath my covers. I feel like crying again, just seeing Tessa reminds me of... Well... I still hear a pathetic mewl pass by my lips, i can only hear their voices now.

"How long?" the strange man questions, urgency evident in his voice. Tessa steps further into the room "Three years..." she sniffles.  The man swear under his breath "fuck... Fuck fuck fuck!" he groans. "Why now? And why him!?" the middle aged man yet again asks. Tessa rubs at her arm, i can hear the friction bewteen her arm and clothes. "I don't know any more than you do... I just- i just don't think we should force Kendal to answer..." she sniffles. The man sucks in a breath "Hell yeah we can, i want to solve this as soon as possible, he can afford to tell me..." he growls, throwing my blanket off of me. "Tell me what happened" he demands, and i can't help but whimper. Tessa gasps, walking over to grab his arm "Sir!" she gazes pleadingly at him. "At least let him drink or eat!" she continues when she recieves no answer. The man sighs "Fine, fetch him something..." he sighs, loosening his grip on my shirt.

The man lets go as Tessa disappears "So sorry... This isn't the way a man should treat his student... I'm David... The principal of this school..." he pauses to let me take it all in, i blink. Principal? Wow... I'm kind of surprised that i didn't notice earlier... I didn't even think of it... "Now please, tell me what happened..." he smiles reassuringly at me. I clench my eyes shut, but i nod, causing him to smile even wider "good boy" he pats me on the head, makes me feel like a dog...

"I-i" i pause, trying to find my voice, it's still weak, barely audible actually... "I woke up... In the infirmary after suffering from blood loss and exhaustion... and..." i swallow, but my throat is so dry it ends up hurting instead... "This woman... Marie, told me i was in the way and she-" i sniffle, trying to keep my tears away, which is kind of hard when they're already speeding down my cheeks "Three years... I have three years..." i weep, pulling me knees up to my chin. The principal places a hand on my shoulder, using the other one to rub my head. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry for not being able to help you... But i will catch her, and make her pay for placing a hand on you..." he tries to reassure, but it doesn't really change anything...

Yet i find myself nodding weakly, the principal pulls me into a hug. Been quite some time since i've smelled something other than my own room. The principal smells like cigarettes... and cologne, it's comforting in a way... I sob into his jacket, yet he doesn't seem to mind. He gently rubs circles into my back, and Tessa chooses that exact moment to enter my room. She rushes over with the food, placing it on my nightstand "Kendal..." she mutters. She reaches down to touch me but i quickly pull away from them both, which i immediately come to regret, Tessa's eyes widens and fill up with tears. "K-kendal?" she questions, taking a step towards me. The rpincipal glances suspiciously at her, then at me.

"Kendal?" he copies, crossing his arms. I sniffle "She- she can't... She's not allowed to touch me..." i force out, sounding like a child. Tessa looks pained, i've hurt her again... "And why isn't she allowed to do so?" he pries, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Because..." i mumble "Because i don't want her to be hurt..." i finish, sounding really pathetic. Tessa immediately understands what i'm talking about, and she stutters "Y-you heard?"

I nod, fumbling with my hands, sitting up is getting tiring, so i lay back down, turning away from them both. The principal seems to understand "So you decided to rot away here for the three years you have left... Because she said it hurt that you're dying?" he deadpans, but i can hear the question. I nod, earning an irritable groan "Well of course it hurts! You're friends aren't you!? Get your shit together Kendal, live for as long as you can... It really won't make the situation better to die earlier at all! Besides, we might even find a cure!" his voice is strong and filled with authority, i just can't take him seriously though... Silas said there was only one cure... And he didn't want me to do it...

Silas... My chest tightens, why did i have to think about him now? I want to see him... i find myself thinking... I want to apologize for causing trouble... Even though it's not my fault... I nod at what the principal is saying, and Tessa stretches out her hand towards me, calmly, like i'm a wild animal... My hand is shaking when i touch hers. Her skin is warm, tan and comfortable... The opposite of me...

She offers me a soft smile "Hey..." she says awkwardly, and i smile back.

"Welcome back..."

A/N: I am not happy with this chapter at all... I've rewritten it about five times and i still hate it... But ehh... too tired to care right now, this is unedited btw... Hope at least some of you enjoy this...

Stay classy~~