Part 15: Back to school

My eyes snap open as my alarmclock goes off. Fuck me, i knew this would happen... I'm so tired i'll most likely fall asleep while getting dressed... But seeing as i'm not that hungry at the moment, i can probably take a shower before class starts. History i think it is...

Even after a quick shower, i still feel like i'm about to drop. If it's from sleepiness or my wobbly legs i don't know... But i somehow manage to pack my bags and get dressed. Thank god for my two-sizes-too-big-hoodie... That thing is so comfortable it's almost like a blanket...

I find it a little funny that everyone stares at me as i enter the classroom, because it's kind of like when i first arrived here... Minus the glaring, now people just seem surprised. Tessa- who sits in a corner of the classroom doesn't even notice me until i sit down next to her... Her eyes widen in surprise, but then the corners of her lips pull up in a huge grin "Kendy-bunny!" she cheers, throwing her arms around me in a hug, i smile a little, hugging her back "Since when did that become a nickname?" i ask, raising a brow. Tessa pats my back innocently "Nevermind the details! I'm just glad you're back!" she giggles, giving me one last squeeze in her hug before pulling away. "Glad to be back..." i mumble, offering her a small smile.

I turn my head around when the teacher enters the classroom, she offers me a smile when she sees me, and guess who drags his feet after her... Silas decided to grace us with his presence! He slumps down next to some random guy, he glances at me, but when he sees that i too- am looking at him, he quickly averts his gaze. He's probably still embarrassed about Yesterday.

When i look back at Tessa, she's smirking at me, and i know very well what she's thinking. "Go eat a dildo..." i mumble to her, and she grins back at me "On it~~"

Our teacher clears her throat "I see you're feeling well enough to join us today Kendal, hope you'll be feeling even better soon" she nods, before starting on attendance.

And even after the long break i got, class still didn't get any more interesting, it was a great time to practice my drawing skills though, seeing as that's the way me and Tessa comunitate in class. Little stories told with drawing, it's kind of cute actually. Tessa draws a little smiley with doggie ears, and another one with green hair. Probably her and Sienna, the little cuties... With the drawings, she manages to convey that Sienna had grown tired of hearing Tessa complain about how worried about me she was. I snicker and draw a little guy with white hair under a tree. And in that sense i managed to tell her what i happened yesterday.

She gives me this knowing look again and i roll my eyes, drawing an angry smiley. Tessa replies with a thumbs up. And we keep going like this throughout the entirety of class. Next we have gym, my enemy... Well, Cedric decided to go easy on me this class, seeing as i just got out of the infirmary "I don't want to push you so hard that you'll be sent straight in again!" he chuckles, ruffling my hair affectionately. I growl, mumbling profanities. Instead of running around like idiots as the others have to do, i'm assigned to the back room. I gaze at the targets in the back of the room, and i wait for Cedric to get his ass in here to give me instructions.

Cedric doesn't take long at least, he smiles as he walks past me and picks up a bow, he also brings a hilt full of arrows and hands them to me. I cock a brow "Archery?" i question, studying the bow, seems sturdy enough, with a thick strong string, i pull at it and watch as the bow bends flexibly. I whistle "Sturdy..."

Cedric nods "Told you i would go easy on you, but you will have to work a little... By the end of class your arms are going to burn like a bitch..." he chuckles, picking up another bow. "Hold the bow downwards, place an arrow on the string and then lift the bow up as you pull your arrow backwards..." he instructs as he does what he's explaining so it won't be hard to understand. I do as i'm told, but it's a bit straining to pull the arrow backwards. Cedric nods aprovingly "That's right, now keep your arm steady and aim, i want the hilt of your arrown pressed against your cheek. Ah, you need to hold it like this, good! Now point out your finger, it will serve as your 'aim...' like that!" he rambles on as he corrects my stance. "Spread your legs like so" he grabs one of my legs, causing me to yelp- and pulls it backwards.

When he's happy with my stance, my arms are screaming for me to let go. And so i take a deep breath as commanded by Cedric, and i release the arrow. It whizzes past my cheek and finger and soars towards the target- before hitting the wall far above the target and falls to the ground with a clang. Cedric makes an approving noise "Good! just practise your aim and it will be perfect! Remember the stance, the hold and all that jazz..." he waves the topic off before walking off to check on the other students.

I do as told and keep practising, sweet jesus i'm really bad at this. And every time i pull the arrow back, the pain in my chest itensefies, almost like the stinging sensation you get when you run right after a meal. I try to ignore the pain and just keep going, by the end of class i can almost hit the target, but the wall has at least 35 new holes... Ah, who cares! My arms feel like they're about to fall off and my chest is aching. This isn't gym, it's torture! Going easy on me my ass!

Cedric seems proud, muttering something about my progress. Well, at least he's proud... I sigh. Out of the corner of my eye, i catch Silas in staring at me, but he doesn't come over to bother me like he usually does... On one hand, i'm relieved, on the other hand i'm wondering why he's ignoring me... And this question stays with me even after lunch. Even Leo has noticed and he doesn't seem very happy about it... He keeps glaring at me, like it's somehow my fault, but he says nothing. And after a while of awkward silence, he runs over to chase some other ship of his, a petite honey-skinned girl and a tall silky-haired werewolf. I can't help but snicker, so i'm not the only person he bothers afterall...

And in the two last classes of today, i can't seem to follow at all! I can feel Silas' gaze burning at my neck, but every time i look back at him, he averts his gaze. His expression is weird too... It's like... Consentrating, angry, hurt and confused at the same time... It's really weird... I roll my eyes and jab my elbow into Tessa's side as she makes kissy-faces at me. "You know i love you, but seriously... I'm really sick of your shit..." i grumble, to which she giggles girlishly and ruffles my hair.

When class ends, Silas rushes out of the classroom, not that i care, but i would like an explanation for why he's avoiding me, then staring holes into the back of my head. I guess i'll let it slide for today, seeing as i'm not feeling too good anymore... I'm nauseous, and my chest hurts even more, but this time it feels more like a heartburn than anything... I clench my eyes shut and i try to breathe calmly. Tessa casts me a worried glance and i force open my eyes to give her a reassuring smile "I-i'm fine..." i mumble, standing up. My legs feel like jelly, it's getting hard to stand... But i still manage to follow her into the cafeteria to eat yet another crappy lunch.

A/N: so, even though i said i was on a break, i finished this and couldn't wait to post it c: i have another chapter finished for you, but i don't want to post it before i have at least started on another one, if not finished it, i hope this is understandable c:

Stay classy~~