Part 19: The place i called home

I stare at my luggage, two weeks... They watched me like a hawk and made me go through rehab for two weeks... It was horrible... I swallow harshly, a shiver running up my spine as i recall it. Then they sent me home... To stay with mom for a few days... To tell her about my situation... I am not looking forward to it... Not in the least... Mom is there to greet me the moment i enter town, she hugs me tight, but then she freezes "Have you been eating properly?" she glares suspiciously at me, i nod "Yes... I have, stop nagging me you old hag..." i try, maybe acting as i usually do will make her less suspicious. She looks like she doesn't quite believe me but hey, she raised me... she knows when i'm lying... i swallow, telling her will be hard... Not sure i can do it...  I swallow, i just hope that i don't meet anybody...

But you know my luck by now, just as i'm about to enter my house i make eye-contact with one of the village guys- Jeremy... His upper lip pulls up into a smirk and i feel a lump forming in my throat, he holds up eight fingers, and i immediately know what he wants. I avert my gaze, entering my house. I feel like crying again, but i've done that too much lately... When they forced me to eat when i wasn't hungry, when the pain got really bad, when they told me i had to go back here and when i realized that Silas wasn't planning on talking to me again, which is weird, considering it was only a crush...

Then again, i never thanked him... Never apologized for anything... I plaster a smile onto my face as i enter, just like always... Mom pulls me into the kitchen, pushing me into a chair. "You're probably hungry from the long journey, don't worry though..." she holds up a pot "I made your favourite..." i smelled it even before she said it, i fucking love stew... But i still don't feel like eating, so i take a small portion and i force it down like i've been doing for the past two weeks. It still tastes amazing, but it feels wrong... I force a smile "It's delicious..." i mumble, and mom smiles kindly at me "Oh, how you've grown... Your hair is longer too, kind of like when you were little..." she chuckles. i pull a hand through my white hair. Almost shoulder length huh... Perhaps i should cut it? Then again, i have more important things to concern myself with... Like tonight... I wonder what kind of excuses Jeremy will come up with... He'll come up with something i guess...The thought makes me swallow in dread.

I don't want to through that again...

But in a few hours i'll have to... I'll just spend some time with mom until then, i smile at her, i've really missed her... "So, hows school?" she casually asks, resting her head on her hand. I roll my eyes "It sucks... So much bullshit has happened you won't even believe it..." and so i end up telling her about Silas, leaving out the dangerous parts of course... Mom's eyes twinkle and a knowing smile settles on her kind features. I glare "What are you looking at..." i huff, pushing my bangs out of my face. Mom smiles innocently "Oh nothing sweetie... Just sounds to me like you're doing more than simply crushing on him..." she says casually, patting my head. God i hate it when she does that... I kind of love it too though...

"Why does everyone say that!?" i groan, but on the inside, my chest aches... And not because of the poison... Silas... Probably making out with some random fangirl about now... The sly bastard... I feel my practised smile waver for a moment, but mom doesn't notice "But he sounds like a wonderful guy! I'd love to meet him some day!" she giggles excitedly. "faghag..." i mumble under my breath, she glares, but i pretend like nothing happened. "Anyway, didn't you listen to a word i just said? He hates me... He's been..." i make random gestures with my hand, as if to emphasize a point "He's been avoiding me lately..." i mumble, followed by a sigh. Mom smiles sympathetically "I see... Maybe if you'd just try talking to him?" she offers, but i shake my head. "Believe me, i tried... But he wouldn't answer anything, and just a few days later i overheard something i shouldn't have... He said some pretty hurtful things..." i sigh, shivering at the memory.

Mom's brows pull together in a frown "Don't worry about it Kendal, i'm sure it'll work out in the end! Perhaps he was just getting defensive because of pride or something? You know how guys are..." she rolls her eyes. Even though her words have a certain truth to it, it doesn't apply to Silas... I know what i heard... I know what he meant, mom doesn't...

"About that... Mom i- i have to tell you something... The reason they sent me back..." i take in a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. Mom cocks her head to the side "What is it sweetie? Did something happen?" her eyes are so full of warmth and love for me that i can almost feel my throat constrict, and my next sentence sounds more like a croak "About that... I don't know how to tell you but-" the doorbell rings, leaving my sentence to hang in the air. Mom smiles "Just a second sweetheart, i'll go check!" and then she walks off. I look down, air passing through my lips in a silent groan, my hands are shaking so violently, you'd almost thought i had an illness of some sort.

Mom returns not even ten seconds after, Jeremy in tow "Jeremy says he's gathered all of the guys... In a welcome home party!" mom smiles, but i can see that she's not entirely happy about it... She knows... Jeremy nods "I don't know how long he'll stay, so i thought; why don't we throw him a welcome home party? So that he can catch up with everyone! The girls agreed to come too!" he smiles charmingly, and mom's features immediately relaxes "Oh really? I guess it's fine then! What do you say kendal?" she smiles encouragingly. 

I'm about to object, but one sharp look from Jeremy and i already find myself being pulled out of the front door towards Jeremy's house... I am NOT looking forwards to this...

The girls welcome me with kisses on my cheek and big hugs, the guys however, can only manage small hugs and smirks... They know how this will go down... The girls don't know yet... Typical, they're lucky... But i'm glad it's me rather than them, i just hope that they'll stay long...

A/N: Another chapter! Woop woop! I'm slightly happier with this than the last one, so that's a plus!

I get the feeling that everyone knows Kendal's secret by now, if not then it will probably be revealed in the next chapter XP

Stay classy guys!