Rollin the Daring

Folmer and a few more gryphon riders came along with Ryosuke and the rest of his escorts to their excursion to Brilux.

Eiriell agreed to it, so long as they left the very next day.

It was pleasant to see Reina before dinner, Galen and Ike had been appointed as her personal guards now.

There was a look in Galen's eyes when Ryosuke asked nonchalantly about why he didn't try to become the personal guard of the Crown Prince, a much more prestigious position.

Galen said nothing of it but merely waved his hand and made an excuse of not wanting to sit in on the boring meetings the Crown Prince was subjected to with the King and his Council.

Both men had grown into their positions, with Ike learning to take over the position his father held.

Through merit alone.

What Eiriell dreaded was dinner and then the private conversation between the Crowned Royals of their respective countries.

Mercy was in the form of King Jerrick being absent from dinner, leaving Rollin, his sister, Eiriell, and Ryosuke with the servants attending to them.

Kieara had ran off to visit her parents with Ike and Galen in tow, the Princess would be attended to by the other palace guards for that evening instead.

"Reina, it's getting late, don't you think?" Rollin announced once the last of the plates had been cleared.

Reina's silver gaze looked over to Eiriell and Ryosuke, "I suppose it is, I'll be retiring for the night then. It has been a long day."

She walked across the threshold to give a less than proper embrace to Eiriell and Ryosuke, "It was fantastic seeing you both. I've missed you two."

Ryosuke smiled tenderly, he placed a friendly kiss on the Reina's temple, "I've missed you too." He flashed an endearing smile. "Let me know if you want a vacation. Dolan is beautiful in the winter."

Eiriell had the same sentiment, placing a soft kiss on both of Reina's cheek after she pulled away from the embrace, "If you feel the need, you know you can reach me."

"I'll keep that in mind." Reina smiled, she turned towards her brother with a polite curtsy, "Good night." She said with a small smile that didn't quiet reach her eyes.

Eiriell looked over and saw Rollin's gaze regarding the interaction after Reina had left the dining room.

"We can go talk in my study." Rollin waved his hand, Ryosuke and Eiriell followed the Crown Prince through the stone halls of the castle.

Rollin shot Ryosuke a borderline leering look, "Do you kiss all your friends like that?"

Ryosuke kept his gaze steady, "What do you mean?"

The Crown Prince shrugged, "That was a very friendly hug you gave to my sister, or are things a bit different with the whole 'mate' concept in Jishora?" He broke out in a smile, "Kieara was known to be a bit short-tempered, I just worry how she would perceive the sentiment."

Ryosuke tightened his grip on the scabbard of his elegant sword, "Kieara is my one true soulmate. She also went to school with Reina and understands how our relationship is."

Rolling gave a light chuckle, "I'm just teasing, Ryo. I just find it odd how Reina hasn't found someone yet with her beauty, I sometimes think she's holding out for a Prince still like in the fairy tales."

"Who she chooses to be with doesn't define her worth." Ryosuke responded, he casted a glance to Eiriell.

The two remembered how Ike had looked at Reina while having tea with the Princess earlier.