Flowers and Tacos

When I woke up in the morning, it took a few seconds for me to remember where I was, and that last night had actually happened, and wasn't some amazing dream.

Carter's face was nuzzled against my shoulder, which felt like soft sandpaper against my bare skin, thanks to some stubble that was coming in. His heavy, muscular arm was draped over my stomach, and considering the uncomfortable position I was waking up in, it was a wonder I had even fallen asleep in the first place.

I took this time to take in his handsome features, resisting the urge to move my fingers lightly against his face. It was a rare opportunity to be able to stare at him so freely, and I was going to take advantage of it.

My bladder, however, seemed to have other plans. It felt so full, my stomach was starting to hurt, and I wasn't even sure if I would be able to make it down the hall to the bathroom. I let out a soft sigh, since getting out of bed was the last thing I wanted to do, and gently lift up Carter's arm, placing it down on his side.

I tried to move my legs out from under the blankets, which was proving to be quite difficult. Not only were my legs tangled around the sheets, they were also intertwined with Carter's. I started to squirm, the best I could without making any heavy movements, and eventually was able to place my feet on the floor.

And right into a puddle of some sort of sticky liquid.

I cringed, crossing my right leg over my left so I could examine what I had stepped in, even though I wasn't completely sure I wanted to find out what that was. It was deep red, and I could faintly smell cherries, so I was pretty sure it was only some kind of juice.

I leaned over to pick up my dress off the floor, slipping it over my head. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry over the fact I would be doing the walk of shame.

Right as I went to stand up off the bed, I felt fingers wrapped lightly around my arm, holding me in place. I turned around and found Carter staring up at me.

God, he never looked cuter. His hair was sticking up in every direction, there were lines across his cheek from the pillow case, and his hazel eyes were just shinning.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his voice thick and deep from just waking up.

"Oh you know, just trying to make my escape."

He laughed before giving me an over exaggerating hurt look. "Is that how it is? Use me then leave me?"

I pretended to think about it. "Well…"

He laughed again, pulling me in for a kiss. "Maybe I can make you forget about the leaving part?"

"I have to use the bathroom," I explained to him. "And I should probably take a shower, considering I just stepped on some liquid that was on your floor, and I have a feeling there is a good chance it's hazardous."

He smirked. "I live in here and I'm fine."

"That's debatable."

"You should let me get you some breakfast or something," he said, leaning back onto his pillow, crossing his arms behind his head.

"I'm not hungry," I told him. "And you look like you could get some more sleep anyway."

There was a worried look behind his eyes. "You're not upset or anything, right? Last night…well…"

I leaned over him, kissing his nose before I found his lips.

"Last night was amazing. It's nothing like that, I'm just about to burst, and I think that is one puddle that would even bother you."