Cut it with a Knife

"This place is awesome," I told Charlotte as we walked back over to our table, where Noah sat with our glasses of water and purses.

I had asked Charlotte if we could go out dancing and she certainly didn't disappoint in the place she picked out. There was a live DJ, two dance floors, a lounge area with pool tables, and an out door patio. Plus, since it happened to be ladies night, we got a glow stick necklace and half off drinks, not that I would be able to consume any alcohol, thanks to the neon yellow wrist band I had to wear, announcing to everyone that I was underage.

Charlotte sat down next to Noah, resting her head against his shoulder. He smiled down at her before giving her a kiss on her head.

I tried to ignore how adorable cute they were, so instead I grabbed my glass of water, taking a long sip. Then I gathered up my hair with one hand, using the other one to fan off my neck. Even though they had the air condition blasting in here, and I was wearing a short, flowy, light pink dress, I was still sweating up a storm. It was partially due to how much we had been dancing, plus how many people were on the dance floor.

I sat down across from Charlotte and sipped on my water, moving my head to the beat of the music.

"So did you do enough dancing?" Charlotte asked, looking as if she could fall asleep on Noah's shoulder at any minute.

I shook my head. "No way, we are only getting started," I told her, causing her to groan.

"I'm guessing your sister feels differently," Noah said with a laugh.

"Think of it as your cardio for the weekend," I told her.

She took a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "More like my cardio for the week. Not to mention your shoes are killing my feet. I won't be able to walk tomorrow."

"I'll give you a foot massage later," Noah muttered to her, leaning his head against hers.

She instantly smiled at what he said to her, and I forced myself to look away at what was becoming an intimate moment. I wished that I would be able to find someone as sweet as Noah. I was just stuck with a guy that made it his life mission to get on my nerves, then randomly kiss me like his life depended on it. A guy that-

Was approaching our table.

I could barely believe my eyes when I saw Carter walking towards our table. He had on this black T-shirt that clung to his muscles, his eyes locked on mine. He causally sat down next to me, as if it wasn't out of the blue that he was showing up here. He gave a nod to Noah, and a friendly smile to Charlotte.

"Sorry I'm late," he said, moving slightly in his seat.

Late?

I glanced at Charlotte, giving her an accusing look. She must have known what I was thinking because she gave me a sheepish smile. "I invited him." She said it as if it was no big deal.

Which I guess, it wasn't. Or it shouldn't be, at least. It was more common than not for Charlotte to invite Carter along, especially now that Noah went most places with us. She had no clue that it was torture being around him right now. She couldn't possible know how whenever he was near by all I could think about was the kiss I was trying to forget. And that for some reason I was mad at him for doing it in the first place, and mad at myself for wanting it to happen again.

"Well you're a little too late, we were just getting ready to go," I told Carter.

Charlotte gave me a confused look. "Weren't you just trying to convince me to stay?"

"Well yes, but I can see how tired you are," I said evenly, pretending not to notice Carter's gaze burning a hole in my skin.

"Why don't you stay behind with Carter?" Noah suggested, glancing between the two of us, a small smile on his lips.