Chapter 10: The Last Sauce

Y/n and Cowboy Francis were now back to back.

"Okay, I'm gonna count to nine and when I say sauce, you shoot." One of the Spaghetti Canyon citizens said.

Y/n began to think, a million thoughts in her mind.

One.

"Cowboy Francis?" Y/n said.

"Yes Y/n." The Sheriff said.

Two.

"I'm sorry...for everything. If I would've never been the Meatball bandit, then we would've never been in this position." Y/n said.

"You don't have to keep apologizing. There's nothing we can do now, and I love you, I told you that." The Sheriff replied.

Three.

The Sheriff thought for a moment, then spoke.

"Can I just ask you one question Y/n?"

"Yes." Y/n answered.

Four.

"Why did you do it, being the Meatball Bandit I mean? Cowboy Francis said.

"I don't know to be honest, I guess I just wanted to, considering you."

Five.

"What do you mean considering me?" He asked.

"I just mean that you do your job so well, I mean we never have a problem in Spaghetti Canyon, I guess I wanted to change that."

Six.

"Why would you want  to do that?" Cowboy Francis asked.

"I don't know, why does anyone do bad things?" Y/n asked.

Cowboy Francis thought for a moment.

Seven.

There was a complete silence.

Eight.

"So this is how it ends...for one of us at least." Y/n said.

Cowboy Francis hung his head low.

Nine.

"Get ready." The citizen said.

And with that....

Sauce.

Both of them drew their guns and shot...only one of them were hit.

Cowboy Francis fell to the ground. Y/n rushed over.

She held him in his arms as his wound bled. He whispered in Y/n's ear, "I have to tell you three words."

Y/n held back tears.

She leaned in as he spoke his last words... "Free real estate."

And he breathed his last breath.

The citizens became angry, and rushed after Y/n chasing her yelling things like, "What have you done to our Sheriff?"

Y/n ran to get a horse, hopped on, and road off into the sunset, out of town, away from everything that had happened.

The end.