Chapter 4: The Lone Oregano

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and if you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." -Clint Eastwood

It was 1 o'clock sharp, and Y/n still was no where in sight. Cowboy Francis waited for her to show, but began loosing hope.

He was actually excited to work with her. He hoped they could work together to find the culprit and secure the law in Spaghetti Canyon.

He was about to go home, when he heard a voice behind him, and something pointed at his back.

"Don't move or I'll shoot." The voice said sternly.

The Sheriff never faltered or flinched.

"Alright then, if I follow your rules, will you put the gun down." He tried to negotiate.

"We'll see, but for now-" The voice said as they tied the Sheriffs hands up and blindfolded him. "Your gonna follow me."

The person held onto Francis's arm and drug him to the tracks.

"Lay down." They ordered.

The Sheriff followed their orders and layed on the tracks.

The person quickly got some rope and tied the cowboy to the tracks.

"Can I at least see who you are?" Cowboy Francis asked.

The person agreed and took the blindfold off of him.

The Sheriff blinked a few times to make sure hr was seeing things correctly.

"Y/n?" He exclaimed.

"Yes it's me. Took you long enough."

"What the heck? Why did you tie me to the tracks?" He asked.

"Because without a Sheriff, no one will ever find the Meatball Bandit." She said.

The Sheriff thought for a moment.

"Wait...don't tell me your the meatball bandit!" He shouted.

"As a matter of fact I am." She smiled as she looked up to the huge clock on the tower in town. "And you'll be the only one to know, because any minute now the train will come by and they'll be no more Sheriff Cowboy Francis." She crossed her arms.

Cowboy Francis smirked. "Y/n do you know what day it is?"

"Sunday." She said without hesitation.

"And you know on Sunday the train doesn't run through town, right?" He said, grinning.

Crap.

"Untie me now." He commanded, knowing that he outsmarted her.

"Why should I? You'll turn me in. I can just leave you here until Monday, when the train comes." She said, arms crossed.

"You won't do that, because deep down you know your mad your plan didn't work, and besides, the people will realize I'm missing. It won't take them long to find me."

Y/n sighed, knowing that she had to untie him.

Once she did she tried to sneak off, away from the Sheriff, away from the town, before she would get caught, but she felt a hand in her shoulder.

"Oh no, you're coming with me."