Chapter 3: The Tortellini, The Ziti, and The Rigitoni

"Give me two shots of apple juice." Cowboy Francis said as he sat down at the bar.

After about three hours of stake out at the bank, there was still no sign of the meatball bandit anywhere.

They had changed their pattern.

Cowboy Francis had to think of a new way to catch the bandit, something that they wouldn't expect. Something that would for sure lead him right to the bandit.

He pondered this as he drank his shots of apple juice.

He was alone in his thoughts until he heard to door of the bar open.

"Howdy Mrs. Y/n." The sheriff greeted her as she walked through the door.

The lady tipped her cowgirl hat and walked to sit beside him

"What are you doing here at this hour Sheriff?"
She asked.

"Tough day at work." He replied.

Y/n frowned. "Well I'm sorry to hear that. Would you want to talk about it. Maybe you'd feel better."

"Well I guess I could," he said, smiling. "I've been working extra long hours for a while so I can catch that dreadful meatball bandit. I haven't been having any luck, but I can't let the people in this town down."

Y/n nodded, feeling the tiniest bit guilty, but trying not to show it.

She thought for a moment, before proposing an idea.

"Francis, what if I helped you?"

"Oh I don't know if that's such a good idea." He said, hesitant.

"Oh c'mon. Please let me help. I really want to." She pleaded.

Cowboy Francis sighed, before giving in.

"Alright, but what do you suppose we do. The bandit hasn't been at the bank all day."

Y/n's face lit up, an idea planted in her mind.

"You know what, I have an idea." She said, the Sheriff already intrigued. "I heard that the bandit always crosses by the train station on their way to the bank, it's the only way they can get there, right?" Francis nodded in agreement. "How about we try to catch them there. They would never expect for us to be there."

Cowboy Francis's face lit up in delight.

"That's a great idea!" He exclaimed.

"I'm glad you approve." She said, curtsying in a sarcastic manner. "Now meet me at the train station at 1 sharp tomorrow. We're gonna catch ourselves a bandit."

Y/n smiled a big, bright smile. If only Cowboy Francis had known that the bandit was her...

He could've been saved.