xxxix. future plans.

Marisol and Nevada's apartment was how they had left it, but it had never felt so comforting. Marisol pushed her luggage into her bedroom before flopping down on her bed, burying her face into the covers.

Home sweet home, she thought, inhaling the familiar scent of her sheets.

The bed dipped down next to her and familiar arms pulled her into a warm embrace. She squirmed in the hold until she was facing Colette, who smiled.

"I'm happy to be back," Marisol said, "and I'm happy to be with you again, just us."

Colette pulled Marisol closer so that Marisol's head was buried in her shoulder. "The airport was crazy," Colette said, "I didn't mean to drag you into that."

Marisol had to agree. After they had reunited at Marisol's terminal, cameras had started to go off. The paparazzi had arrived and curious bystanders had surrounded them. Then, Marisol and Colette made the mistake of kissing, which sent another frenzy into the crowd. The final straw was someone recognizing Nevada, which made their presence in the airport into a show stopping event.

Luckily for them, Colette's agency had set up a chauffeur to drive them from the airport and to Marisol's apartment, though that didn't stop paparazzi cars from following. Even now, Marisol was willing to bet there were some shady people with cameras camping outside of the building.

"The cat's out of the bag now," Marisol said, "Everybody in the world knows that we're dating."

"Is that alright?" Colette said, "You're the first person I've dated too, so you're kind of a big deal."

"It's alright," Marisol responded, "It's worth being with you. I'll just have to adjust to being famous."

Colette stroked Marisol's hair. "My agency is already brushing off my brief time as a fugitive. I start filming my new movie in a week."

Marisol looked up. "Wow, already?"

Colette hummed. "I'm happy about it. It's a return to normalcy, though I don't know how my co-stars will treat me now that my secret is out."

"Now that you mention it, you never told me what the movie is about."

"That's still confidential." Colette winked.

Marisol rolled her eyes. "You know, I still don't know if I'm fired yet."

"You better not be," Colette said, "You got cleared of all of your charges."

"Yes, but I might be bad press for the company. Queenly is all about their image. It makes me wonder if they're still going to put you on the cover next month."

"That photoshoot wasn't that good anyway..." Colette said.

Marisol shook her head. "You were stunning in that shoot, and Isaac's photography is amazing. It would be a shame if nobody else ever got to see it."

Colette grinned. "I'll see what my manager can do about it."

Marisol wiggled out of Colette's arms, sitting up. Colette looked up, still smiling, her curly hair fanning out around her head.

"What are you smiling about?" Marisol asked.

"You," Colette responded, her smile somehow getting even wider.

Marisol pursed her lips. "How long are you staying in New York?"

"I was originally only planning to stay here until filming was over, but now I think I'll try to stay longer."

"Don't let me keep you here," Marisol said, "I don't want to get in the way of your future plans."

Colette propped herself up on her elbows. "Marisol," she said, "You are my future plans."

Marisol's heart did a little somersault as Colette's dark eyes met hers. Everything was still so new, almost to the point of being unbelievable. She wondered if there was a time that she'd wake up, realizing that it was all some fantasy.

She knew better though, because even in her dreams, Colette held her, kissed her, and loved her. Whether it was an endless sea of clouds or Marisol's small NYC bedroom, Colette was real.

Colette brushed her hand against Marisol's cheek and pulled her in. Their lips met, soft and familiar. When they pulled apart, Marisol could see the adoration in Colette's eyes. Warmth rushed through her veins.

"Oh!" Marisol gasped, sitting up straight. Colette sat up as well.

"What is it? Is everything okay?" Colette asked.'

"The spell. I still can't tell anyone that you're a witch."

"Let's undo it now." Colette grabbed onto Marisol's hands.

Marisol closed her eyes, and as Colette held her hands, the familiar feeling of warmth, magic, and love poured through her veins.

END.