Nutella smoothies

It's been a week since Dylan and I started dating. Priscilla's funeral was 2 days ago and right now I'm sitting on the edge of my bed texting Gemma.
Gemma
Hey are you a at home?

Matilda
Yes. Do you want to come over? We could watch a movie...

Gemma
Or... We could go to the new smoothie place.. They have Nutella smoothies!

Matilda
I don't know....

Gemma
Please!!?? I have to have the Nutella smoothie!!

Matilda
Okay. Meet me there in half an hour.

I get off my bed and get ready. I pull out a black graphic tee, with some jeans and boots. I can't drive yet, so I go to the nearest bus stop.
When I finally get to the smoothie place, I see Gemma waiting by a table with what looks like two Nutella smoothies.
"So tell me, are you and Dylan dating?" She asks, eyebrows raised.
"Yes, but nothing serious." I say.
She playfully slaps me on my arm.
"Tilly! I should've been the first to know!" She gives me a pouty face.
"You are! It's only been a week!" I laugh.

We see taylah and Sarah walking up to us.
"Hey guys!" Sarah cheers.
"Hey." Taylah says. I can tell that she's sad about something. The girls ask if they can join us.
"Hey, taylah and I are just gonna go grab some smoothies. We'll be right back!"

They walk inside.
"What's wrong with Taylah." I ask.
"She was the closest to Priscilla. They had singing together since the fourth grade." Gem replies, looking sad.
The girls join us at the table with their smoothies
"Hey Taylah, if something's bothering you, you can always tell us." Gemma says.
" IM FINE! BESIDES THE FACT THAT MY BEST FRIEND DIED!" She whisper-shouts, choking back on tears.
She starts crying.
"Shh, it's okay Taylah, she's in a better place." Sarah tries to calm her.
"Sh-she was supposed to be my duet partner for a singing concert in the park. It's next week." She sobs, her voice quivering.
" Do you need a new duet partner? I'll do it with you." I say.
"Really? Thank you so much. I'll text you the song and your parts." She says. I can see the life coming back into her eyes.
"No problem." I say. I finish my smoothie. I love Nutella. My phone vibrates, it's from dylan.

Dylan
Movie night tomorrow?

Matilda
Sure, but this time it's at your house. And your still paying for the pizza. 😼

Dylan
Okay, okay! Fine. Bye. ❤️

"""""""""" """""""" """""" """"""" """""""
Authors note
O my goodness you guys. Wth?! 900 reads?? I love you guys so much thank you! Anyway
Sorry for the boring chapter.

Luv yas
Xx alex