New beginnings

I get off the bus at school. Immediately I see Dylan standing there, at the the door. It was almost like he was waiting.
"Hey!" He called
"Hello Dylan. What did you want to talk about, I don't have much time." I say.
I admit, I do think he wants to apologise, but he really hurt me, and I don't need that from anyone right now.
"Okay, listen. I'm sorry and hurting you was stupid. Truth be told, I was pressured into it. I like you Matilda. And I want us to start fresh."
"Ok" I say
"Friday night 6 pm. I'll pick you up, okay?"
"Sounds fun." I smile at him.

I see Gemma walking towards me with Sarah and and Taylah.
"Where's pricilla?" I ask them.
"That's the news." Gemma tells me.
I gulped. I hadn't known priscilla for a long time but I wouldn't want anything to happen to her.
"She went on to the doctors yesterday and was diagnosed with stage four Esophageal cancer." Sarah chokes.
I find a tear rolling down my cheek. It stings my heart to know that someone so young, would have to suffer through pain like that.

"If you want, we can all visit her after school." I suggest.
"Yeah. She would like that." Gemma says
Sarah agrees and they both leave.
I turn around to go to my locker and I see Dylan standing there.
"I have to get to class Dylan!" I chuckle.
"I'm in your class by the way, and the teacher says you need to tutor me." He smirks.
"Fine. Meet me in the library next period." I say. "AND BRING PIZZA!"When I get to history class, my teacher stops me.

"I assume mr woods has told you about the tutoring arrangement?"
"Yes sir. I agreed to meet him in the library next period to work on some things and arrange times."