Chapter 3:Social Dancing

"Class, please head to the gym, all of you will be performing there." Mira-sensei said.

To be honest, I was shivering. Just the thought of dancing in front of the whole class makes me feel crazy. I glanced at Saito to see if he was nervous too, but he looks completely fine!

I watched the first performers like it was my favorite movie. They all danced so well, I hope I don't step on Saito's foot... I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone especially in front of Saito, he's my partner who's good at dancing. If I really mess this up, he will just laugh at me and torture me for the whole school year.

Finally, our turn came and I jumped in shock when Mira sensei called us. I could hear the silence ringing in my ears. The weight of their stares makes me even more nervous... How will this turn out?

Saito was wearing an expensive looking tux in which he actually looks good in. And I wore a purple floor-length dress with ruffles on the skirt part. He walks up the stage like this was no big deal. For me it is! He suddenly smiled at me and from that moment, I knew that something unpredictable will happen.

We started dancing and it was quite a nice start. He was very calm and that made me loosen up a bit. We're finally at the middle part of our performance and he suddenly danced faster that I almost can't keep up with him. Is he teasing me? I can't lose to him even if it strain my body.

I tried my hardest to keep up with him, and thankfully I was successful. He was also surprised and that's exactly what I wanted. When we're finally finished I was very happy, but was also irritated at the same time. Back at the classroom, I didn't even bother to talk with him. I think he noticed it but I don't really care.

It's already dismissal and I was planning to go shopping first. I saw Shito waiting for me at the entrance as always.

"Shito, can you go home before me? I have to buy something." I said as I carried my bag.

Before I left, Shito grabbed me by the arm and he asks.

"Can I come with you? I don't have anything else to do."

"No." I said to him with a smiling face.

"Why not? You....you're hiding something." He said to me with a taunting smile.

"No!!...it's just--" He suddenly interrupted by tightening his grip on my arm.

"Ok...ok I'll go home without you, but don't get lost" he said.

Wait... why would I get lost he's really irritating me but besides my real reason for going alone was to buy him a gift for his birthday.

He turned his back and started walking home. I felt a little bit sad, I think I hurt his feelings. Maybe he thought that I completely forgot his birthday. But... getting him a present would let him feel happy right? I said to myself. I need to cheer up so I can get him a nice gift.

The mall was really crowded and I can't move freely. But I found something nice to give him, it was a pair of nice looking shoes. It was also on sale so I bought it without hesitation.