Chapter 39: Worst Deal

Chapter 39:  Worst Deal

LARA’s POV

“What’s up?” tanong ko kay Kevin nang binuksan ko ang pinto. He’s catching his breath.

“It’s confirmed. The proposal was not just a project worth a billion.”

“What do you mean?”

 He told me that it’s a letter for security. I don’t know how to call it but the letter states that if my dad will give them permission to make my life miserable, they will not harm my mother. It was also stated there that instead of Caspian Troy, pangalan ko ang nakalagay.

“Why me?” I asked Kevin.

“Dahil ikaw ang anak ni Lans at Carol. Ian was just your brother from another mother.”

“Why are they doing this?”

“I don’t know either. Dad wants to see us tomorrow at his office. It’s either about the wedding or the proposal.” at dali-dali siyang umalis.

Why is being the daughter of Lans and Carol became a big issue? And why did my dad made a letter for security, hindi naman siguro nanganganib ang buhay ni mommy. If ever they’re threatening my mom’s life, I can’t figure the reasons out. Kung may buhay na kailangang pagtangkaan, it should be mine. Ako naman ang palaging may kaaway eh. I have an attitude that most of the people don’t like. Pero si mommy? She’s sweet, caring and very soft-spoken.

I can’t connect the pieces. Kaya ba Dad wants me to let Mr. Terez sign the proposal as soon as possible para maging safe si mommy? Why? Are there threats for her? Why would the Terez hate my mom that much? Ba’t buhay na talaga ang pinaguusapan? I tossed and turned all night trying to find a reason and trying to connect the events but I failed.

The next day, we went to Mr. Terez’ office. I feel a bit tensed knowing that they are the ones who threaten my mom’s life. On the other hand, I’m confused why they’re not threatening mine.

“I will give Lara a choice.” Mr. Terez said matapos ang short informal talk.

He let me chose kung gusto ko bang ituloy ang wedding o magsuffer nalang ng consequences.

“Why are you giving me these choices Mr. Terez? Did something gone wrong?” tanong ko. Alam kong may nangyari kaya naging ganito. They were very eager about the wedding tapos biglang babawiin? I knew there’s something not right.

“Yes! We discovered that Kevin here has seen the proposal last night. Am I right? And I presume you know about it too.” he said. Kevin and I exchanged looks.

“I’ve seen it. But we didn’t understand it anyway.” sagot ni Kevin na nakayuko.

“I will let you understand!” biglang may babaeng pumasok na naka shades at may panyo concealing her face. She slammed the door at humarap sa akin. She then removed her shades and I was shocked when I recognized her.

“Tita?”

“Hi Lara, surprised?” and she laughed devilishly. She had black eyeliner and her lips are as red as blood. I don’t want to believe that she’s Tita Lillian. Ang pagkakailala ko kasi sa kanya, sweet, timid, sophisticated and I can see inside her eyes na broken siya. Ngayon, her eyes are full of vengeance.

“I thought you already knew.” sabi niya at tumabi kay Mr. Terez. So she’s his sister. Then later I knew that she’s the one who ordered her men to kidnap me. She’s behind all these.

“I won’t give you a choice. I don’t want to wait any longer. I want you to suffer the pain I have suffered.”

She raised her eyebrow and confessed her true identity.