35

Uninvolved parenting:

sometimes referred to as neglectful parenting, is a style characterized by a lack of responsiveness to a child's needs. Uninvolved parents make few to no demands of their children and they are often indifferent, dismissive, or even completely neglectful.

_________________________________________

"I hate you Kanju!!! I hate you!!" Haejin shouted at her husband, angry tears leaving her eyes. Again, the couple fought today, coz the money was still not enough to go and get their son back from the orphanage.

The 3 year old Jimin was standing behind the door, watching his parents fight like every other day. He was biting his trembling lip, not knowing what to do. He was hungry, but the couple had just been fighting for the past hours to even realise it.

Haejin pushed Kanju and finally made her way inside the bedroom from the loby, she saw Jimin standing there, looking up at her with big glossy eyes. She cried cried more picking him up and hugging him tightly, crying even more.

"E-Eomma... E-Eat..." Jimin said and coincidently his stomach growled.

Haejin looked at her son with sad and guilty eyes, "Oh my baby... I'm s-so sorry..." the lady cried hugging Jimin, but then her mind wandered to Jaemin. Would have he eaten something?? Would there be anyone to take care of her Jaemin ah too??" She couldn't help but cry even more, now feeling extremely guilty towards Jaemin, "eomma is so s-sorry.. So s-sorry...Jaemin ah..." she cried hugging Jimin.

The poor 3 year old kid just hugged her back, not even noticing how her mother's attention was still not on him, but someone else. Jimin was just happy to be in his eomma's arms.

___________________________________________

"So today... we will talk about the games you play with your parents! Okay?" The kindergarten teacher said excitedly, smiling widely at the lively kids.

Baby Jimin looked up at her and then tilted his head in confusion. He then looked around and saw the excitement and enthusiasm in the other kids, raising their hands and even jumping to be asked first.
He looked back at the teacher with a confused pout. Do parents play with their children?

"Okay! So.... um... Lara!! Tell me honey? What's your favorite game to play with your parents??"

"Hide and seek!! Miss!!! Me and Mom are team!! We hide together!! and Dad finds us!! But he never finds us hehe! He lose always!" The girl giggled jumping and so did the rest of the class and the teacher.

"Lovely! Now now.. Joseph! What do you love to play?"

"I love playin doll house! I have a big pink doll house! Papa plays with me! Oh yeshh!! And Mamma scolds me and papa for not letting her play hehe. So then we play together!!" Joseph said standing up from his crosslegged sitting position.

The teacher and the other laughed again and then the teacher looked at another student.

"Jimin! Now it's your turn honey! Tell us what you love playing in your mom and dad?" The teacher asked with an encouraging smile. She knew Jimin is a very shy kid, who hardly talked to anyone. Even now he was sitting crosslegged at the end of the class.