Chapter 3

It wasn't long before the police were swarming the building. The ambulance attended to Reese after you basically refused treatment until they ensured that he was fine. As he was being taken to the hospital to get checked out, he sent you a grateful smile. You just nodded, patting his arm as they loaded the van.

"Ms. Parker, we need to ask you some questions." you turn at the call of the two detectives.

"What happened tonight?" you sighed, that was a tough question. You could barely comprehend yourself all that took place. You knew for a fact that you couldn't tell them everything you saw, no doubt they'd call you crazy and lock you in the madhouse.

"There was a break in. I'm not sure how but I think he disabled the cameras, he was after some kind of flash drive. "

"This one." The male held the thumb drive in his palm and you nodded. "Yes! H-How did you get it. H-He fell out the window.."

"Well, that's what we're trying to find out. See the drive and your attacker was found handcuffed to a police vehicle with a gun. We ran his prints, turns out this isn't the first heist he's attempted. You're very lucky. Your actions saved not just yours but also Mr. Reese's life. This man isn't known for being merciful to witnesses." you swallowed at that. So he hadn't just been taunting, he really did intend to kill the both of you.

"(Y/N)!!!" You'd know that voice anywhere. You turned just as May came ducking under the tape. She ran over to you in a hurry, almost getting stopped by some of the officers.

"It's fine let her through." She approached quickly.

"Oh my goodness I told you this wasn't safe, are you alright, did that man hurt you!" you shook your head, and May hugged you, running a hand over your head in relief.

The males before you exchanged a look. "We'll let you go for now, you've been through a lot. " One Of them pulled out a card, handing it to you. "We'll be in touch. Try not to leave town for a while, we'll follow up. " you nod, taking it. "Alright, thank you." he nods, taking off with his partner. May still looks shaken, and you could only imagine what she must have felt when she got the call.

"I'm so glad you're okay, you have no idea how worried I was when that officer showed up at my door. " you grimace. That's exactly what happened when she found out about Uncle Ben. The fear of losing not just her husband, but also you, it's probably constantly on her mind. She's ranting now and truthfully you barely catch the words. Your eyes shift to the building you'd not too long ago almost plummeted off. The shadow standing at the very top catches your eyes, and you take a step forward. In a blink it disappears, and now you're just staring.

"(Y/N)? Honey are you alright?" you blink again, looking at her. She watches the look on your face. "Maybe we should go to the hospital." They've already bandaged up your palms, and you aren't really looking forward to being stuck in a hospital right now, especially with the night you've just had.

"I'm fine Aunt May." She appears to believe the blatant lie you've just told, but you know from here on out, she'll be extra attentive. So right now, you just try to focus on two things.

Finding out what the hell that was on the top of the building, and understanding more about the obvious but unexplained changes your body is going through.

Neither issue is going to be easy.