Chapter 27: The Wedding**'

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

"What if this isn't right?" I asked, my mother, as a makeup artist worked on my face, blending and patting on my face among other things. 

"Now is not the time for you to be asking these questions, girl," she replied, and I opened my eyes for a split second, looking at her in her eyes. I had managed to get her and my father to the wedding, as much as they disapproved of Carter and I's relationship. And though they weren't completely supportive, I could tell they were excited, me being their only child, and getting married. I fanned my face with my hands, trying to provide myself some air in an attempt to calm my nerves. 

"It's just those pre-wedding jitters. Almost every bride that I've worked with gets them. You're just nervous," the make-up artist, Maia, explained to me. She smiled, reassuring me, and gestured for me to close my eyes so that she could continue working on my eyeliner. 

"See, sweetie, nothing to worry about," my mother confirmed, and I exhaled sharply, thinking of how long I had waited for this day to come. I surely shouldn't be questioning the decision after Carter and I have been together for so long. He loves me, I love him, and we click together. That's what matters, right?

"What does your dress look like?" Maia asked, and I could feel the wet tip of the eyeliner gliding over my lash line. 

"It's white, it's actually pretty simple. Kind of fitted around the top, and gets bigger towards the bottom. The top is kind of what I like about it. It's... Pointed, if that makes sense," I told her, and all three of us in the room shared a chuckle. 

"The hair is quite simple, so I was wondering. I was told to go easy on the make-up." The work of Carter, most likely. I sighed, and opened my eyes, since she okay-ed me to do so. I watched as her pink acrylics ran over the different make-up products and settled on some lashes and glue. "You wanted something heavier?" She inquired, with a perfect-white smile. 

"It's just typical of my fiancé, that's all," I said with a small beam. 

"You don't need all that stuff anyway, Bey. You have a gorgeous face," my mother added, leaning against the counter where all of the cosmetic tools were set up, a dressing room styled mirror on the wall, lights and all. 

"But I wanted my face beat," I rebuttled with a playful whine, and Maia laughed. 

"It's full face, but I went pretty nuetral. Nothing too dramatic. Close," she told me, talking about my eyes. She applied the lashes and some mascara to blend my natural lashes with the fake ones. We all listened to the soft R&B playing in the background as she finished my face off with some contouring, highlighting, blush, and a subtle lip. "Here you go!" She stepped away and awaited my reaction as I looked in the mirror at myself. My hair was slicked into a perfect bun; I didn't have the veil on yet. But the make-up was exactly as she described; Covering any small flaws like dark circles, but it wasn't heavy. 

"I love it!" She grinned, glad to satisfy another customer, and started spraying her brushes to disinfect them. 

"Good. You need any help with the dress?" My mother nodded in confirmation, and we all walked out to the general area where my three bridesmaids sat in their dresses, ready to aid me in getting on my dress. Kelly unzipped the dress from the bag and got it off of the hanger. I took off my robe, leaving me in my lingerie, but the people in the room; Kelly, Michelle, Rihanna, my mother, and Maia didn't exactly care. They helped me step into the dress, and Rihanna zipped me up while Maia went to get the veil. She placed it over my bun, and once everything was on, everyone stood back, sort of admiring me. My mom helped me to the full length mirror, admiring the stapless dress that adorned my body.