25 - Chat Noir

The moment I transformed, I ran out to the back door of the school. The main point of this mission was of course to support Marinette, but I had to also make sure that no one connected me to being Adrien.

Extending my baton and jumping onto one of the adjoining buildings roofs, I jumped from roof to roof until I was on the roof closest to where the crowd was standing.

Marinette was still holding on, arguing back and forth with her classmates. 

Alya had now a skeptical expression on her face, and was slowly moving to the other side.

My instinct told me to jump in as soon as I could, but all of these months of working with Ladybug had taught me that it was always better to gather a little intel before stepping in.

And so taking her advice, there I was, a cat on a roof spying. Milady would've been proud if she were here.

I tuned into the conversation.

"You're literally such a liar" Lila was saying. "How can we trust anything you say anymore?"

"But I did it for a reason!" Mari defended.

"Which is?" Chloe asked, crossing her arms.

"I-I can't tell you," she said helplessly. "Alya, you have to believe me! I wouldn't have lied about my soulmate if I could. I'm sorry"

"Oh please," Lila said, rolling her eyes. "You're just sorry you got caught"

And suddenly everything made sense.

Marinette's soulmate act had been exposed. This was an emergency. Briefly, I contemplated what to do.

Making my decision, I extended my baton to the right between Marinette and the rest of class and smoothly slid down.

"What's up guys?" I smirked.

Everyone's expressions were so totally worth it. They looked like someone had told them that the Earth was flat after all.

"Chat? What are you doing here?" Marinette's amazed face looked up at me from beside me.

"Chat? You both seem informal" Alya noted.

I smiled looking at Marinette. "Adrien sent me. He was sorry that he couldn't come"

Realisation flooded her face. But before she could say anything else, my expression turned stone cold.

"What the hell do you all want?" I asked, addressing her friends. Or people that she called her friends.

"Chat Noir!" Lila squealed, high pitched. "Marinette lied about her soulmate! The mark on her wrist is paint, I saw it rub off with my own eyes"

"That doesn't really amount to much" I shrugged. "Your eyes seem to make up things all the time, Lila"

Her face turned angry, but Ivan stopped her. "I saw it too," he said, his head hanging.

"So?" I said leaning on my baton. "She lied about her soulmate's identity to protect him. If you asked me, it's really none of your business"

"And how do you know this?" Alya asked me, her phone recording.

"Chat, no!" Marinette whispered, terrified.

I chuckled. "Oh Alya, I know because I am her soulmate"

~~ 

A/N

#Marichat SUPREMACY!! 

I'm squealing like a little girl and I wrote this chapter smh. 

But...I really hope enjoyed this chapter! Let me know how you liked it by hitting the star ~

And oh my gosh, thank you so much for 3k reads. Not gonna lie, I thought that it was still gonna be somewhere below 3k by the time I got prepared to publish this, but you all are so awesome that when I refreshed, I got this surprise! 

You guys never fail to make me happy :) 

Love y'all! 

xxx S