32 - Ladybug

Despite the numerous times I'd done it, fighting an akumatized villain in my own school seemed crazy to me.

This time, it was Miss Fragrance again. Lila had lied about knowing Prince Ali, and when Rose - a devoted fan - found out, she was beyond mad, giving Hawkmoth perfect access.

"Chat Noir! Get her from behind!" I yelled at my partner. It felt comforting to know that however uncomfortable or bad things got between us, in a fight, he would always have my back.

He winked in assent, nodded and was off. I meanwhile kept my nose plug on and tried to find anyone else that hadn't been affected by her perfume.

Doing a quick headcount of my classmates, my heart dropped. There was one missing, and Adrien was nowhere to be found.

"Ladybug, what in the world are you doing?!" Chat called to me.

"There's one missing!" I cried out of desperation. "I don't know where Adrien is!"

Chat rolled his eyes. "You are way too worried about him. I saw him earlier, he's gone and inhaled her perfume, that idiot"

"Don't talk about him like that" I commented with a frown, but I was suppressing a smile.

"You'll see him soon" was Chat's only comment, and with that, we resumed our fight.

10 difficult minutes later, Princess Fragrance's spray bottle was broken, and Rose had come back to normal.

"Pound it!" Chat and I chorused together.

It had only been one minute since I had used my lucky charm, so I was in no rush to transform back. Restoring order and reassuring the class, Chat and I walked out the front of the building.

Unfortunately, it was raining heavily. I turned around to say bye to my favorite cat, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I waited a moment, and he appeared to my right and walked a step in front of me. Promptly, he held out a black umbrella.

It was like a sense of deja-vu had enveloped me. My brain couldn't place it, but my heart and my instinct was screaming that I had been here before. Staring into his eyes, I realised why. This, this was the exact scene that I had already lived on the first day that I met Adrien.

The exact moment I fell in love with him.

I looked into his emerald green eyes, and I knew. He was looking at me with a sly sort of smile, as if he knew exactly what he was doing.

I gasped a little. There was no way this could be true. Or could it...?

But no words came out of my mouth. My hand, acting on its own accord, grasped the umbrella, Chat noir walked out into the rain.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. "Adrien!" I yelled, and Chat Noir turned around, tears in his eyes. Tears of joy.

"Hi Marinette"

When my civilian name came out of his mouth, when my mind registered that he knew, I dropped the umbrella and ran to him like I'd never done before.

I threw my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his.

The moment I did, it was like the world disappeared around me. I didn't care that I was soaking wet, and I didn't care that Alya had seen everything from the second floor window. But most importantly, I didn't care that my earrings gave me a warning beep.

The kiss started out gently at first, but it wasn't long before Chat's arms snaked around my waist, and kissed me back passionately.

I pulled away for breath. "How-how did you know?"

"Master Fu was wrong" Chat Noir said breathlessly, not responding to my question with a smile on his face. "Knowing each other's identities isn't a danger, it's a power"

"And Hawkmoth?" I asked, gazing into his beautiful eyes.

"Will be exactly where we left him" Chat reassured me. "It'll always be me and you against the world milady"

"I love you" the words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

He smiled, a genuine one. "I love you too"

After that, nothing else mattered as our lips met again.

~~

A/N

Hey y'all! 

Last chapter of Bound Together is here! 

How did you like it? Vote or leave a comment to show me :) 

**IMPORTANT** Please stay tuned for the Author's Note in the next published part. 

Thank you for everything <3

Love y'all! 

xxx S