31 - Adrien

This was it. I was standing in my room, holding Marinette's history textbook. I of course felt guilty, but I wasn't exactly stealing...more like borrowing. One way or another, she'd get it back.

"Adrien, don't do this," Plagg said. "You'll only upset yourself if the outcome isn't what you're thinking of"

"I have to Plagg" I said. "Don't you understand? I don't have a choice!"

Heart pounding, I held the textbook in my hands. I started to open it, when suddenly-

"Hi Adrien," a voice came from my window. Turning around in shock, I dropped the book.

"Ladybug!" I said in surprise. But that wasn't the biggest surprise. Why did my mind think it was someone else?

She stepped towards me, tears in her eyes. "I-I have something to tell you"

I looked at her worriedly. My mind went blank, so much so that I couldn't even guess what she was about to tell me.

"Adrien, I love someone else"

"What?" the words, of course, didn't register in my mind. It was like she was saying that she became a reptile or something. Made zero sense.

"I mean- You know how I feel about you. But I think I have feelings for someone else too. And it's really not fair to either you or him if I don't tell you-"

"Who is he?" Now slowly, my brain was catching up. My heart wasn't handling it that well either. But there was of course one small chance...

"Are you sure you want to know?" she asked me, a look of concern in her eyes.

"Yes" I was determined to know. It was all I wanted to know.

"It's Chat Noir" she confessed.

And I couldn't stop the smile that crept onto my face. I turned around to hide my happiness, but Ladybug thought it was out of pain.

"I'm so sorry," she said.

Now there was just one more thing I had to check before my suspicions could be proven as true. But she couldn't be here for it.

"I need some space Ladybug" I said, trying to sound sad. "Can we talk some other time?"

"Of course" she sighed, and I heard her walk towards my window.

"Before you go" I said, and she stopped. "Just know that it's okay. I know how that feels because... I've been there. Still am. So don't beat yourself up yeah?"

"Bye Adrien" was all she said.

As soon as she left, Plagg was talking. "Okay so I know what you're thinking Adrien, and honestly it doesn't mean anything...Ladybug could still be anyone!"

"There's only one way to find out," I told him. Picking up the textbook, I quickly flipped to the last page.

There was indeed a tear at the bottom left corner. And so I finally pieced it together.

Marinette was Ladybug. 

~~

Hi Everyone! 

Thank you so much for 10k reads!! I'm so honoured and grateful to have every single one of you read my work. It means so much to me. 

I love you all so much <3

Here's Chapter 31 for you...the second last one! How did you like it? 

Love y'all! 

xxx S