20 - Marinette

When I got home that afternoon after 3 classes and a near death experience (a typical day in my life), I was pretty much exhausted. But there was still something I had to do, and this might just be harder than an Akuma attack.

"Where are we going, Marinette?" Tikki asked me as I picked up my purse.

"We're going to go to a rehearsal of Kitty Section" I said simply, and Tikki squealed.

"Ooh, those are always good," she replied, and I nodded in agreement.

"You're right" I told her, "but this time, it's for something more than just the rehearsal"

We left, and I sprinted to catch the bus down to the river, where Luka's mom's ship is docked. A former rockstar, her whole family was passionate about music, and they weren't afraid to show it. 

One of the many things I admired about them.

When I climbed on board the docked ship, I was immediately welcomed with a cheer. Alya, Mylene, and Nino were in the front row as the band themselves were setting up their instruments and preparing to start their rehearsal.

I checked my watch periodically, something that Alya noticed.

"Expecting someone?" she joked. "Adrien's already here"

"Huh?" I looked up, distracted. "No no, not him"

A puzzled expression formed on her face, but not for long. Exactly then, someone else climbed aboard, and everyone froze.

"What the hell?" Alya muttered, as everyone's eyes fixed on the unexpected visitor.

Chloe was here.

"Chloe, what are you doing here?" Adrien asked from behind me.

She seemed just as confused as the others, until she cleared her throat. "I don't know. All I know is that Ladybug asked me to be here"

Murmurs broke out among the group and I nervously laughed. "Well, since you're already here, might as well stay right?"

Which earned me even more confused looks. But this wasn't the time to care.

Luka stepped forward and gave me a smile, before turning to Chloe. "I'm Luka, Juleka's older brother. You must be Chloe. You're welcome to stay to watch"

Chloe stared at him for a moment, before huffing and took a seat in the second row. Rose adjusted her microphone, and the band started to play.

Leaning against the wall, I watched Chloe carefully. She looked bored until they started, but couldn't help but develop fascination as they began their song.

I, too, took a moment to appreciate the band and their talent. My eyes met Adrien's behind his piano, and he sent me a smile, causing a blush to spread over my cheeks.

The band finished playing, and I applauded loudly. I caught Chloe staring appreciatively too.

Now for the last phase of my plan.

"Luka!" I called out to him. He turned, and his eyes lit up at the sight of me.

"Marinette! Did you like the performance?" he asked me, his voice soft.

"Of course! But um, I think Chloe wanted to talk to you" I told him. "But you didn't hear it from me, okay?"

He looked confused, but walked toward Chloe nevertheless. I smiled. All I had to do was wait now.

~~ 

A/N 

Hey guys!! 

Hope you like this chapter, it was super fun to write! What did you think of it?

Question of the Day: Thoughts on Chloe x Luka? 

Love y'all! 

xxx S