10

Sometimes its your journey that teaches you a lot about your destination
- Drake

"Be safe for us please!". Dria said hugging me.

"I love you sis, you know we just a phone call away dont be scared to call neither one of us". Aaron said to me. Everyone told me and Kayden bye, I know ima miss this place but them even more. We put our bags in the trunk and waved one more time before heading to the airport

"Ok before you two leave us we got something real special for someone". My dad went into the backseat and got a box out. Kayden face lit up and started to open it but my mom told him that he couldnt open it until his birthday. He told them both thank you and hugged them and I did the same.

"Make sure you call or text us when you land ok?". I gave her the ok and we had to get in and catch our flight.

Back In Miami

On my way home I texted my mom that I'm in the car with Des. I tried to leave everything that I felt back in Dallas because everything was good here except for you know who. But I made a promise to myself that I won't let this affect me in anyway because even though I stayed positive and kept faith that she would come home, in the back of my head I knew I had to prepare myself for the worst. It was hard but now I'm moving forward for me and Kayden. The past is the past and today is a brand new day with new beginnings.

"So how was it?". Des asked me.

"Um it was cool, April pregnant though".

"No way! Did auntie and unc trip? I know Aaron did he always a hot head".

"Mama wasn't upset, daddy was a little and of course Aaron was upset. You know how he is when he wanna play big brother and be over protective like he ha daddy. But everything good now. I broke up with Frankie though". She immediately stopped the car while we was in the middle of the street like the idiot she is. "What are you doing! Can you drive before we get into am accident".

"You ... Broke up with her? Why? What happened".

"She ain't coming home Des and I couldn't deal with this no more. She a fuck up lying and shit, making promises she ain't keeping, I ain't got the time to deal with her foolishness. Guess everybody was right". I looked out the window. I felt stupid and foolish and so dam stubborn not to hear what everybody was telling me.

"Look I'm not the one to rub shit in your face so I'm not gone do that but what I am going to tell you is that we all care about you from family to friends and we just don't wanna see you hurt like you are now that's all. Next time listen and stop blocking shit out that you dont wanna hear. Cause the shit you block out are the things that's going to save you from heartbreak".

"You right. Well I'm over it, ya girl single and I just wanna live and have fun lord that's all I ask".

"Well we going out this weekend it'll be a good stress reliever". She nudged my arm and I was a little sketchy about going out just yet. Even though I said I wanted to have fun im just not in the mood right now to go out just yet.

"Cousin, I appreciate what you doing but give me about a week to drain everything out of me. Going out ain't the move right now".

"I get you but you know its never to late to t-up so whenever you ready you got my number and you know where I lay my head every night, well most nights". I started laughing cause this girl is straight up crazy. I shook my head as we pulled up to my house. Des helped us bring our bags in and I was dead beat tired.

"Thanks cousin I'll call you if anything".

"Your welcome and you better!". She left, I told Kayden to put his things away and when he was done so come to my room so I could talk to him. I just wanted to lay in my bed but I had to pout these clothes and shoes away otherwise it would never get done. Halfway through of putting my stuff in the closet and drawers Kayden came in and told me he was done.