3

Sometimes the right path isnt the easiest one
- Grandma Willow (Pocahontas)

3 DAYS LATER

Today I stayed home from work to go over all the lines we were going to show in the upcoming fashion show downtown. It was so difficult for me to choose from cause they all were on point. I stuck my pen in my mouth deciding on which outfits I didnt want to use and which ones was going to make us more money by the investors. I crossed two out and laid back in my bed. This job was more stressful than I thought. I went down stairs and fed Perry and Jax, they eat too dam much. My phone started ringing and it was Des of course.

Me: Hello?

Des: Aye we finah go to iHop you wanna come?

Me: I would but you know I got all this work to do

Des: Girl you stayed home from work you got all day to get that shit done. I'll be there in 20 minutes.

She hung up the phone just ignoring the fact that im trying to get some work done. Now I gotta figure out what im gone wear and shit. I wasnt even planning out getting out the house today, so like Des. I took a shower then put on my jean shorts, all white converse and a white tank top. Put my hair in a ponytail and sat on the bed to take some pictures on instagram. Des texted me and told me she was outside so I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door.

"Morning cousin!". Des said to me smiling

"Dont morning me, you lucky you my cousin and I love you".

"Even if I wasnt your cousin you'll still love me". Tracey was in the front seat on her phone as always. She be on her shit more than me and im literally attached to my phone. We got to iHop and surprisingly it wasnt packed like how it usually would be at this time of day. Better for us cause I hate to wait like 45 minutes just to eat. We immediately sat down and ordered our drinks. After the waitress left Tracey and Des just kept smiling and giggling like two idiots.

"Whats wrong with yall? Yall still drunk or something?". I raised my eyebrows at them cause I felt something was up.

"Well I just personally think you like Jay thats all I gotta say". Tracey said to me looking at her menu. She crazy if she thinks I like Jay especially when she know I gotta girlfriend.

"This what yall brought me out here for? Yall straight up wrong. Yall know im with Frankie why would yall even think that?".

"Oh god girl forget Frankie! She probably not even coming home. She most likely gone do some fucked up shit thats gone keep her in jail. You need to start living for you Lana. Who knows when she getting out! Look you my cousin, and I love you with everything in me but what you doing is straight up crazy. I know you trying to be faithful and shit but you already proven that you can wait for her and that you loyal and all that other bullshit. This is keeping you from having fun, turning up with us. Like I said you need to think about your needs and wants cause her being in jail going on 4 years? Aint cutting it im sorry". Des was right but then she was wrong, im not a cheater and its makes my nerves run just the thought of me cheating on Frankie. I dont know what to do or how to feel, do I listen to my cousin or do I ignore her? They just got my mind all corrupted with they foolishness. I just shrugged it off.

"Look to be honest I really dont know what to do. Cousin you right but I just dont know I dont feel right about it, im not a cheater".

"Listen to me. Frankie knew what she was doing when she was doing it. She knew the consequences of what she was doing. Do you think she even bothered to tell you what was going on? No. Do you think she even bothered to think about your feelings and what you might go through when she got caught? No! We all know that if you slaying 9 times out of 10 your going to get fucking caught, duhh! Even Stevie Wonder can see that shit coming, dont take a scientist to figure that out. If she cared she wouldve atleast told you what was up from the jump, now you out here pussy drier than the white meat on some turkey, you cant turn up how you want to and you depressed. You dont show it but I know you are Lana. This aint the way to live so am I telling you to cheat on her no but you need to make a decision and figure out who you living for". Lord are you speaking through my cousin or what because everything she just said had me geeked. I decided that ima start living for myself. I do deserve better because if Frankie really cared then I wouldve know what kind of lifestyle she really lived.