7

When you come from out the storm, you wont be the same person that walked in. Thats what the storm is all about.
- Haruki Murakami

Two weeks later

Me: Des tell Tracey to ask her little boy toy for Jay number

Des: Tracey ! Lana want you to ask Devon for Jay number !

Tracey (in the background): Ouuu bitchh I knew she was feeling him ! Hold up!

Me: Cant stand yall. Its not even like that! How many times do I have to tell yall I dont like the boy".

Des: Until you stop talking to him so until then you like him.

Tracey: its 786-555-4321 !

Des: You got it?

Me: Yeah I got it. Ima get at yall later

Tracey: Go get yo man girl !!

Des just started laughing and I hung up on them. Get on my dam nerves. I dialed his number and after a few rings he answered.

Me: Hello? This Jay?

Jay: Yeah who this?

Me: Its Alana

Jay: Oh shit wassup girl! Whats good wit' ya

Me: Nothing much, I wanted to ask for a favor

Jay: Alright lay it on me

I told him what I needed and he was all down for it. I got excited and told Kayden to get dressed then went upstairs to get dressed myself.

"Where we going?". Kayden asked me putting on his shoes.

"For a ride so hurry up". I put my shoes on, grabbed my things and headed to the car while Kayden asked me a billion and one questions getting into the car and on our way to my surprise for him.

"Alright I gotta put this over your eyes". I put my scarf around his eyes and then continued to drive. I hit a corner and texted Jay to let him know that I was in the parking lot. I got Kayden out the car and I seen Jay leaning on the fence from a far.

"Mom I feel like im going to fall".

"Nah baby I got you". We walked up the hill and down the hill towards Jay.

"Where are we and why do I have this thing over my eyes?".

"Oh boy hush just a few more steps". I told him to take the blind fold from off his face and he instantly started jumping up and down.

"Your going to let me play?". He said to me all excited.

"Im only going to let you play since Jay is going to teach you. I want you to be careful in there ok?".

"I promise i'll be careful. Thanks mom". He hugged me tight and Jay called for him. I told him to go ahead and he ran full speed towards him. I walked up to the fence of the batting cages to make sure everything was going just fine. He put gloves on Kaydens hands and then put the baseball helmet on his head.

"Alright here, you know that this is your bat and the 2 most important things about hitting is your stance and your timing to hit the ball".

"Whats a stance?".

"Its how you stand and position yourself when your on the plate. See these two squares, you can choose either side to stand in but you cannot step out side these lines. So which side feels good to you?". He went to both sides and chose the left side to stand on. "Alright, now ima show you how to hold the bat but remember you gotta hold it real tight so it dont slip out your hands". Jay positioned his hands and his elbows then spreaded his legs a little. "So what you wanna do is bend your knees a little and when you swing you come off your back foot like this". He showed him what to do and Kayden instantly got it. He did it exactly how Jay showed him and I got happy as hell, my baby already looked like a pro. "So you ready to do this foreal?".