I'm not ready. (Miya x Takashi)

We are talking about Takashi, Miya's middle school friend. Not Tadashi, Adam's dog. Just to clear that up for people confused.

Miya's POV

Me and Cherry were waiting at a table for the others to get here. We are at Joe's restaurant to have a little celebration for Reki and Langa finally confessing their feelings to each other. It took those slimes long enough.

I was playing my switch when the door opens. I look up expecting to see Shadow with Reki and Langa but instead my eyes meet with Takashi's. A boy at my school who I used to skate with. We weren't on the best of terms before but we've recently made up.

He's with a few high schoolers, one of them looks like his brother. He must be there with them. I go back to my game, I'm sure he'll have loads of fun with those boring slimes.

I hear someone walk over. It can't be Joe because the footsteps are too light, nor can it be any of the slimes I know because they aren't yelling. So it has to be Takashi. I can feel him staring at me. Cherry is probably looking at him suspiciously.

"Are you just going to ignore me little kitty?" I heard the smirk in his voice.

I look up and glare at him. "Just cause I'm small doesn't mean I can't beat you at anything."

He pats my head. "What ever you say kitty.~" My face gets hot, does that stupid slime have to call me a kitty in that voice.

"Shut up slime!" Though I do like the nickname I will never admit it to anyone. I'm so glad the other slimes aren't here because they would tease me non-stop about it. I slap his hand away. "What do you want?"

"Well I thought I could hang out with you since I don't wanna hang out with my brother and his annoying friends." I roll my eyes and scoot over. He smiles and sits down. "Thank you kitty, whatcha playing?"

"Undertale."

"Ooo~ Have you beat Undyne yet?" He leans over my shoulder to see what I'm doing.

"Of course I beat Undyne. I'm not a weak slime like you." I tilt my switch so he has a better view of me beating up Mettaton NEO.

Cherry clears his throat. I pause the game and we both look up at him. "Miya, mind introducing us?" "I guess, Cher- er, Sakurayashiki, this is Takashi. My friend from school. Takashi, this is Mr. Sakurayashiki. My...Calligraphy teacher." I can't say Cherry is my friend, Takashi would think that's weird.

Cherry smiles and nods, approving of the little lie and to say hi to Takashi. "Nice to meet you Takashi."

Takashi nods back with a smile. "Nice to meet you too Mr. Sakurayashiki, I didn't know kitty took private calligraphy lessons."

"Yes well, he's a good student."

I roll my eyes and go back to my game. Takashi goes back to watching me, I feel him scoot closer. A little closer than I think is normal for friends. Maybe he just can't get a good look at the screen.

Ten minutes later and the slimes still aren't here, Cherry left for the bathroom so it's now just me and Takashi at the table. "Hey kitty?"

"Hm?"

"Have you...Ever had a crush on someone?" I feel my face heat up as I think of the person sitting right next to me. I shake my head. There's no way I have a crush on Takashi. Plus I would never date an annoying slime like him anyway.

"Oh, well, I've had this crush on someone for a while but I don't know how to tell them. What do you think I should do kitty?"

"Just tell them. I don't need to watch another stretched out love drama again." I say thinking of a certain blue and red haired duo.

"Ok, I like you kitty." I pause my game and look up, our faces are pretty close. My face heats up one more.

"That's what you're going to tell them? That's so lame. And why are you so close?" Takashi sighs and pulls back a bit.

"If that's lame, what should I say?" Why is he asking me this? I've never confessed to someone before.

"I don't know. Do some big gesture like, grab them and give them a big kiss. Or do something they would really appreciate or a really nice gesture."

"Like what?" I groan.

"I don't know! It all like, depends on the person so ask them." Takashi grabs my hands and my switch falls to my lap. Jeez is it getting hot in here or what?

"What do you appreciate? It'll...help me confess to the person." I roll my eyes.

"I don't see how this'll help. But I would like someone to just...be honest with me and tell me how they feel. Nothing too complicated and big. Just something true and honest." Takashi nods and squeezes my hands, I look up at him. When did I look down?

"Then... Miya I really like you. I have since I saw you skate. Though I did resent you for a while, I realized I was only jealous I couldn't be as amazing as you. I was jealous I couldn't skate by you anymore. I want to skate with you again." My face is as hot as the Hotlands, I never would have though Takashi would be this honest with me nor say anything like that.

"I...I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship." I say honestly. "I mean, we're still in middle school so..."

"So, you don't feel the same? You don't want to go out with me?" I feel him start to let go of my hands and I grab his hands.

"I never said that. I only said I'm not ready for a relationship right now. Once I'm ready for one and if we both still have these feelings, we could go out." I see Takashi's face turn red, he's kinda cute like that. He nods and I let go of his hands.

"Now then, mind helping me beat Sans? He's pretty tough."

Takashi chuckles and nods. "Sure."

I have finally uploaded! Writer's block is a bi0tch. Anyway I hopped you like this! I'm thinking of doing a part 2 where they're in high school, what do you guys think?

Please comment if I made any mistakes! Hope you liked the story and have a great day/night!