Chapter 40

The epilogue will be updated soon.

This is the last chapter.

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit palagi niyang sinasabi sa akin na ang pag-uusap namin sa kaarawan ni Senyora Ingrid ang unang beses naming engkwentro. Yes, that may be our first conversation but that's definitely not our first encounter. That's what makes me wonder... did she really not notice me even once that she couldn't remember our first encounters beforehand?

"Come on, dude! Use your genius and get the fuck out of there! It's Ronald's bachelor's party!" halos sigawan ako ni Elias sa tawag.

I groaned out of frustration and loosened my tie. Hindi ko na kayang maging pormal. I am so bored that I slouched on my seat. Kanina pa mainit ang ulo ko dahil gustong-gusto ko nang umalis dito pero alam kong sermon ang aabutin ko kay Papa. I will be retiring from the agency and become the CEO of our group so he wants me to attend gatherings like this to make me known.

Papa couldn't attend that's why he sent me instead as his representative for the Villacorta's damn soiree for the fucking hundred time this year! Wala na yatang ibang mapagamitan ng pera ang pamilyang 'to na nagpaparty na lang linggu-linggo para lang may magawa!

"Gustuhin ko man, I really can't. The Senyora isn't here yet so I can't leave. Hihintayin ko munang lumabas na siya at magpakita sa kanya-"

Natigilan ako nang marinig ang tawanan ng mga kasamahan ko sa background. Even Elias laughed. I closed my eyes because I knew it was fun there!

"Armando fucking hired strippers for the groom to be! And guess what? His cousin is here! The blonde girl you were trying to score a night on his birthday! Hinahanap ka!"

I gasped and looked up, trying to contain my frustration. I could get a boner just thinking about that blonde girl. I didn't score a night with her because they had to leave right after the program proper!

And now that I have the chance for a steamy night with her, here I am in a fucking soiree in the Villacorta's lawn!

"Fuck," I sighed heavily.

Tinawanan ako ni Elias. "You better come here, dude. The blonde girl is looking for you! She seems interested!"

"Just get her number for me so I can-"

"Sinong inuto mo? Pumunta ka rito at ikaw mismo ang humingi! This bachelor's party is a lot more fun than that fucking boring gathering for archaic wealthy people!"

I cursed under my breath when two retired businesswomen passed by my table. Gustong-gusto ko nang umalis at pumunta nga sa club! Nasaan na ba ang Senyora at nang makapagpakita na ako at makaalis na? This is what I hate about the Villacortas. Very archaic. They must be introduced first and make a grand entrance. Halos umabot sa langit ang irap ko.

My family may also be wealthy and prominent but we're too partriarchal to host parties like this.

"Come on! I'll book a room for you two, just come here in Thirty!"

I was about to speak but he ended the call. I cursed and slammed my phone on the table. What the fuck am I doing here? I should be with my team having the best night of my life with boost and sex instead of smiling fakely around here!

I clenched my jaw as I frustratingly loosened my tie while wandering my eyes around. The porches and pillars were all lit up illuminating the whole lawn. In front of the lawn is their glorious ancestral baroque mansion. Ang mga kababaihan ay nakapustura at nakasuot ng mamahaling mga damit at alahas. At ang mga kalalakihan ay naka coat and tie.

The quartet was playing an upbeat instrumental as the guests gathered around for a conversation and drink. Hindi pa lumalabas ang mga Villacorta dahil ipapakilala pa sila.