"There's No Such Thing as a Happily Ever After" (Angst)

What you need to know:

- Yaoyorozu is interning with the Best Jeanist Agency

- Jirou is interning with the Death Arms Agency

- Both agencies are working together to help citizens that are trapped in a few collapsing buildings

- Jirou and Yaoyorozu were assigned to make sure everyone that left the building weren't hurt

- The heroes from each of their agencies are working in the buildings to get everyone out

- Jirou and Yaoyorozu confessed their feelings to each other, but they're not officially dating

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Yaoyorozu's POV:

They were watching the citizens run out of the damaged buildings, making sure each one of them were safe and unharmed before the very damaged buildings came down. "EVERYONE, RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN! ME AND CREATI WILL HANDLE THIS!" Jirou yelled as citizens were panicking.

Yaoyorozu just nodded in response, unable to form words. She swallowed hard before helping an injured citizen. The buildings in front of the two had recently been attacked by villains, and it was Earphone Jack and Creati's job to make sure everyone was unharmed and brought to a safe place once they exited the building.

As Yaoyorozu was helping citizens, she noticed a woman who seemed to be in her late 30s talking to Jirou with a panicked look on her face.
Yaoyorozu saw Jirou's eyes widen as she started running towards the crumbling buildings.

"JIROU-SAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Jirou looked back at her partner,

"That woman said she saw a few people blocked by some debris. I'm going to go save them,"
Yaoyorozu's eyes widened,

"Jirou-San you're going to die!"

Jirou looked at Yaoyorozu with a saddened expression before responding.

"If that's what it takes to be a hero, that's what I'll do,"

Those were the last words that Yaoyorozu ever heard from Jirou before she ran into the crumbling buildings.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Suddenly, there was a thunderous boom. Yaoyorozu looked over to the buildings, only to see that they had finally collapsed. There was no sign of Jirou. 

"Great job Creati," Best Jeanist walked up to Yaoyorozu. "Say, where's that friend of yours? The one that's working with the Death Arms Agency?" Yaoyorozu felt her voice caught in her throat. "Oh... Do you want to go look for her?" Best Jeanist said sympathetically. Yaoyorozu could only nod before heading into the dust. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"JIROU!" 

Yaoyorozu looked around frantically until she saw Death Arms and a few of his partners digging in some rubble. Could Jirou be there?  She started running towards them as fast as she could. 

"Death Arms?" He looked at her with sympathy in his eyes and sidestepped. Right in the cleared rubble lied Jirou. Bloodied, bruised, and barely breathing.  Yaoyorozu felt a hand on her shoulder, "The paramedics are coming, but I don't think she's going to make it," Yaoyorozu swallowed hard.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

474 Words

Haha, you want part 2? Too bad, I got lazy at the end and I'm feelin' uninspired. So, no part two y'all. Sorry.